Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mount Si (05/25), Big Whoop
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Sep 08, 2009 10:41 pm 
Tigerotor77W wrote:
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I'll put something together. I was kind of working on a calendar, Twelve Crappy I-90 Hikes, but I will throw a t-shirt up on cafepress pretty soon.
Keep us posted! (or me for my selfish tee-shirt wants)
A calender is a GREAT idea! I am sure you could sell a few dozen from this site alone. Go for it AH. up.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 am 
hondaryder wrote:
The last time I went up there, {about a month ago on a Sunday}, the parking lot was over-flowing and the trail was like a freakin' freeway during rush hour, it was comical watching the out of shape hikers in tennis shoes struggling up the trail, I am not in the greatest of shape and am getting older and I was never passed on the way up or down. The funniest thing was this lady at the lookout whose family had dragged her up there and she was terrified of descending the ladder, I told her "yes it's scary, and sooo far to fall".....about a foot maybe, but it takes all kinds and I applaud her for going up at all plus a great source of amusement lol.gif
So, when'd they build a lookout on Si? hockeygrin.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 8:51 am 
I think our moto bike rider is a bit confused...or maybe we all are and there IS a look out on si and only special people can use and see it.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am 
Poodles, Lookouts, Glacier Mount Si has EVERYTHING!

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am 
Except solitude. rolleyes.gif down.gif wink.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm 
Flow wrote:
One of the best maps ever!
Pretty well made out. I like Mount Pilchuck better! biggrin.gif It's closer to home, it's bigger, and it's got a house and a nice view of the Mountain Loop Highway.
+1. The last time I went up there, {about a month ago on a Sunday}, the parking lot was over-flowing and the trail was like a freakin' freeway during rush hour, it was comical watching the out of shape hikers in tennis shoes struggling up the trail, I am not in the greatest of shape and am getting older and I was never passed on the way up or down. The funniest thing was this lady at the lookout whose family had dragged her up there and she was terrified of descending the ladder, I told her "yes it's scary, and sooo far to fall".....about a foot maybe, but it takes all kinds and I applaud her for going up at all plus a great source of amusement lol.gif
P.S. I obviously quoted the wrong person above, give me a break, I was tired. But at least I was a source of amusement to you. embarassedlaugh.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Kyndra

Kyndra
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 1:20 pm 
I now believe that all TR should be required to include an AH sketch. Hilarious!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 1:36 pm 
Kyndra wrote:
I now believe that all TR should be required to include an AH sketch. Hilarious!
The Angry Hiker... Often imitated (or attempted) but never duplicated! lol.gif

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 pm 
In fairness... were it not for the throngs Mt. Si, from whence would our collective smug sense of superiority arise? hmmm.gif

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 2:41 pm 
Toonces wrote:
In fairness... were it not for the throngs Mt. Si, from whence would our collective smug sense of superiority arise? hmmm.gif
Exactly. It's like the old saying "If there were no losers, then there would be no winners". There appears to be no shortage here of people with a smug sense of superiority. waah.gif That's ok though as long as they are occasionally funny. dizzy.gif

geophagous
65lbs for 3 days ;)

geophagous
65lbs for 3 days ;)
PostWed Sep 09, 2009 3:11 pm 
Forgot to add the one redeeming quality of Mt Si. Lots of hot barely clad trail runner chics, at least the only time I was there. There were a few guys for the ladies as well, but I only barely looked at them biggrin.gif

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostTue Nov 03, 2009 7:59 pm 
Just in time for Kwanza, the official "Mount Si Big Whoop tees" are now on sale. http://www.cafepress.com/TheAngryHiker Once (and if) I sell a few of these, I'll put my "Rattlesnake Ledge, Trail of Turds" route map on some shirts. A portion of all sales will go to charity. i.e. I'll toss a couple pennies at a bum down on 1st and Pike.

Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W
PostTue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 pm 
Posted in the other thread. Will buy one!

B-Dog

B-Dog
PostWed Nov 04, 2009 1:30 pm 
Glad to see you finally got around to doing this... It only took you all SUMMER

WetDog

WetDog
PostWed Nov 04, 2009 2:08 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Just in time for Kwanza, the official "Mount Si Big Whoop tees" are now on sale. http://www.cafepress.com/TheAngryHiker Once (and if) I sell a few of these, I'll put my "Rattlesnake Ledge, Trail of Turds" route map on some shirts. A portion of all sales will go to charity. i.e. I'll toss a couple pennies at a bum down on 1st and Pike.
Perfect just in time for Christmas. Was bummed I couldn't find The Angry Hiker costume for Halloween though. frown.gif