Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free gear giveaway! What you got? What you need?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Yana needs: protective bits for ice axe (both for head and spike) Oneluv1's freeitem I have a pair of older Womens Asolo Stynger GTX boots. Size 9 w/ green super feet. THey seem to run a little small. Still in great condition and water proof. Slugman's free items: Two fiber-fill sleeping bags, mummy style, suitable for car camping Car camping stove, screws on top of green propane cylinder, plus a couple of cylinders (can't ship those) woffie offers: Sierra designs Glacier tent. Double-A, state-of-the-art in early 1970's. AllisonW needs: Bicycle stuff: headlight, non-knobby tires for mountain bike, women's seat, bar ends for mountain bike, bike shoes, women's 9. Also, wide-angle lens, pre-digital is ok, any major brand is ok, though Canon is best. EastKing needs... An overnight backpack with an ice axe loop. I am doing Glacier Peak and possible Gannett Peak and Grand Teton. damage wants fixable tarp tent, winter gloves, generic watch w/ alarm PatchesMcGill has: lightly used camelback bladder. 1> year old (3L hydrotitanium--it has a pinhole leak but can be fixed easily with some seam grip and it'll be good as new), and a random red colored nalgene bottle Backpacker Joe offers: 5.10 Vertical high top old style rock shoes size 9 used only once or twice. Cullman hikers tripod. Comes with camera base plate. Mtnwkr has Ruffwear dog pack, red, size small. Fit my 55lb vizsla well, could go up or down on size a little. Chevre NEEDS: Ice Axe 70 cm. Thank you.

Wiki summmary last edited by Jeff on Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 10:07 pm 
You got it, my friend. I had a lot of good times in that hammock, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. And I needed to keep my karma good, after the donation of a titanium pot to me earlier the same day. What goes around, comes around, and it doesn't matter which happens first, the coming or the going.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fjoro

fjoro
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 10:15 pm 
Slugman, you're alright. I don't care that you don't believe in Bigfoot. smile.gif

How would Horatio Alger have handled this situation?
crwdog

crwdog
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 11:37 pm 
Don't believe in bigfoot?! Oh sluggy say it ain't true. Edit: By the way, I also have a size L north face ski jacket, worn but in excellent shape and clean, a steel cookpot set, an aluminum REI "chefware" cookpot set (two pots + lifter + lexan lids), some REI nordic ski jackets and other assorted gear. If that strikes a chord with anyone let me know and I'll take pics.

mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 pm 
REI Muir Woods Fleece jacket, maroon, mens XXL but fits like a L-XL. A few years old but never worn. In bremerton.

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 8:16 am 
I have a lot of stuff that has been replaced by lighter gear so I will dig soon also. Another option is to sell stuff on eBay and donate the money to trail maintenance.

Philnation

Philnation
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 am 
I am wanting to get out more during the rainy season and could really use a lightweight rain jacket. I'm relatively new to hiking though and don't have much to offer up. doh.gif but if anyone has one they aren't using, I guarantee it will see some use. My goal is 100 hikes this year agree.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 am 
What's your size? I have a four-year-old Marmot Precip, size XL, it needs the re-treatment to bring back its repellency, but I have plenty of that stuff, some of which was given to me for free, so I could do that first.

Philnation

Philnation
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 10:41 am 
Slugman wrote:
What's your size? I have a four-year-old Marmot Precip, size XL, it needs the re-treatment to bring back its repellency, but I have plenty of that stuff, some of which was given to me for free, so I could do that first.
Typically i'm a medium. frown.gif Appreciate the offer though smile.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 am 
No problem, someone else will chime in with what you need. Now that I've posted the Precip, I'll leave it up for anyone else who wants it.

quantum

quantum
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 10:44 am 
I know this is a horrible first post and a long shot, but Opus, is the tent still available? Thanks!

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm 
Tent is spoken for.

caver

caver
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm 
Not as cool as the hammock but if anyone can use any of this stuff it's yours!
REI Elements rain hat, 
Coleman MSR copy stakes, 3 sets of 4, 
My old dirty OR gaiters, one snap missing on the top but they work fine, 
Design Salt mummy bag liner, never used, 
Big Agnes chair kit
REI Elements rain hat, Coleman MSR copy stakes, 3 sets of 4, My old dirty OR gaiters, one snap missing on the top but they work fine, Design Salt mummy bag liner, never used, Big Agnes chair kit
Imsua 1 ltr pot with a MBD Bios2.2, 
2 Heiney pots with lids, 
Marmot universal tent attic
Imsua 1 ltr pot with a MBD Bios2.2, 2 Heiney pots with lids, Marmot universal tent attic
Rain hat, gaiters and bag liner have been claimed. Stove is gone. BA chair kit now belongs to Slugman up.gif Stakes are now gone too.

sandy

sandy
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm 
ula p2 or catalyst
Im looking for an old size large ULA P2 or Catalyst with medium hipbelt.. Condition doesnt matter. My plan is to rework it into a new pack. Or, if in good enuf condition, use it a while then rework it. Thanks sandy sandylwes@yahoo.com

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm 
I'd love that Big Agnes chair kit to go with my new BA pad. biggrin.gif

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates
PostMon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 am 
Poss-it-forward Unused Gear
paranoid.gif I have some gear that I no longer use and will post it as soon as I can get to where it is stored. The problem is that I am in Michigan and all my gear is stored in Tennessee. I will be going back to TN in late July, so keep this thread going and it will give me the opportunity to "pass it forward".

Rev. Arthur M. yates General Evangelist https://ayatesministries.com