Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free gear giveaway! What you got? What you need?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Yana needs: protective bits for ice axe (both for head and spike) Oneluv1's freeitem I have a pair of older Womens Asolo Stynger GTX boots. Size 9 w/ green super feet. THey seem to run a little small. Still in great condition and water proof. Slugman's free items: Two fiber-fill sleeping bags, mummy style, suitable for car camping Car camping stove, screws on top of green propane cylinder, plus a couple of cylinders (can't ship those) woffie offers: Sierra designs Glacier tent. Double-A, state-of-the-art in early 1970's. AllisonW needs: Bicycle stuff: headlight, non-knobby tires for mountain bike, women's seat, bar ends for mountain bike, bike shoes, women's 9. Also, wide-angle lens, pre-digital is ok, any major brand is ok, though Canon is best. EastKing needs... An overnight backpack with an ice axe loop. I am doing Glacier Peak and possible Gannett Peak and Grand Teton. damage wants fixable tarp tent, winter gloves, generic watch w/ alarm PatchesMcGill has: lightly used camelback bladder. 1> year old (3L hydrotitanium--it has a pinhole leak but can be fixed easily with some seam grip and it'll be good as new), and a random red colored nalgene bottle Backpacker Joe offers: 5.10 Vertical high top old style rock shoes size 9 used only once or twice. Cullman hikers tripod. Comes with camera base plate. Mtnwkr has Ruffwear dog pack, red, size small. Fit my 55lb vizsla well, could go up or down on size a little. Chevre NEEDS: Ice Axe 70 cm. Thank you.

Wiki summmary last edited by Jeff on Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Go Jo
of the lykkens

Go Jo
of the lykkens
PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 am 
Noticed this stand alone thread from Moosefish, seemed like a good fit for this: FREE: Kelty kid carrier accessories

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
slickhorn

slickhorn
PostMon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 am 
I have a couple of things I'd kick down: REI rimrock fleece, size L EX-offficio buzz offshirt, XL khaki with some trail stains, but still lots of life left -EDIT: CLAIMED Coleman Peak1 white gas stove-EDIT: CLAIMED And I might have some small roll top PVC drybags out in the gear shed somewhere. 1mm NRS hydroskin gloves

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Jan 25, 2010 3:01 pm 
Hammock is on its way, including a couple of carabiners for ease of set-up and take-down. biggrin.gif I am going to list all my free stuff in this post, and edit the post as stuff is claimed. Stuff I have: Hennessey hammock (claimed) Marmot Precip, blue, size men's XL, some wear and tear but still good, I will re-treat with the water repellency stuff(claimed) Two fiber-fill sleeping bags, mummy style, suitable for car camping Sweetwater filter, works great, cartridge used two years, probably could use a new one Car camping stove, screws on top of green propane cylinder, plus a couple of cylinders (can't ship those) Heavy vinyl raincoat, cloth lined, detachable hood, size M (women's?), mint condition, suitable for monsoon Merrel Blizzard winter boots, size men's 13, never worn (I'm a 14), could have returned 'em to REI three or four years ago, but never got around to it, now I don't think it would be ethical to do so, besides I got them dirt cheap on clearance, so I would have only gotten $30 back. They are not waterproof unless you waterproof them, like with Nikwax, then they are pretty good (no goretex or anything). I have some I could send along, a mostly-empty bottle but with enough to do a pair of boots

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates

JustArt
Arthur M. Yates
PostTue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 am 
agree.gif I love this thread. I have 10 7" alumnium tent stakes available, I have these here in Michigan with me, IF anyone needs them. CLAIMED! I hope to have more items later. hockeygrin.gif

Rev. Arthur M. yates General Evangelist https://ayatesministries.com
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostTue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 am 
Hey Slug, Do you think it would be beneficial to make the original post a wiki so everyone can just edit (put in stuff they have or need then take it out as they acquire or donate it)? Maybe the mods would even consider making it a sticky so it doesn't wander off.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostTue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 pm 
That's a good idea Yana, maybe a "Pay It Forward" thread that you edit when gone so people don't have to sift through pages of posts to see whats still available?

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm 
Not sure if it's worth going all the way to Tennessee for tent stakes, but mine uses no less than 32 ( mine are the 3/16" aluminum wire stakes ) and I seem to have a propensity for losing them. ( I know.. I really need a new tent.... ) What I really need, though, is an old Kelty-type frame pack that I can cannibalize for parts. Mine needs new shoulder straps. ( The one on loan to Quark has the old straps from mine, and I'd like to get them both back in proper order. ) Bag condition is unimportant.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
ajax
stronger than dirt

ajax
stronger than dirt
PostTue Jan 26, 2010 7:19 pm 
Ski wrote:
Not sure if it's worth going all the way to Tennessee for tent stakes, but mine uses no less than 32 ( mine are the 3/16" aluminum wire stakes ) and I seem to have a propensity for losing them. ( I know.. I really need a new tent.... ) What I really need, though, is an old Kelty-type frame pack that I can cannibalize for parts. Mine needs new shoulder straps. ( The one on loan to Quark has the old straps from mine, and I'd like to get them both back in proper order. ) Bag condition is unimportant.
My parents have two unused or possibly used once recently 70s kelty frame packs. I'm not sure what they want to do with them. If that's what your interested in pm me and I'll see if I can talk to them.

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostWed Jan 27, 2010 12:39 am 
Anyone have a pair of hiking poles they don't want? winksmile.gif

Fenneo

Fenneo
PostWed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 am 
I have a pair of REI poles.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm 
I love it. Someone needs something, and 41 minutes later someone says they have it. headrub.gif I have been mulling over the best way to format the thread. A giant wiki at the beginning might be the way to go, or it might confuse the newbies. Another option is to have a new thread, with one post per member, offering gear or asking for it, claimed or offered via PM, then the poster edits his/her post. I think the wiki is probably better. But everyone else should decide. I started the thread, but it is not "mine", it belongs to everyone. I'll post my items in the wiki and see what happens.

raphaeli22

raphaeli22
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 am 
boots and stove
I would be interested in picking up your boots and your stove if you still have them? What is your location? Thanks, Raphael

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 am 
I need one of these. Anyone have one they want to give me?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 9:27 am 
A violin case and some spats would go nice with that Kleet.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
crwdog

crwdog
PostFri Jan 29, 2010 9:43 am 
That and some softshell pants would make a ridiculous summit photo: "And here's me on top of Rainier in my three-piece"