Forum Index > Partners > Tonight, Discovery Park: Be there! Low tide alert
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 am 
There is a low tide of minus 2.6 at 9:25 pm tomorrow. The weather forecast is mostly cloudy, no rain. There will be a pretty bright moon, well up into the visible sky. There is a giant park, 586 acres, with meadows and forests and beaches, and no people except for me and Daisy (honorary person). Come join us for a night-time adventure, featuring walking around in the dark with no flashlight, descending sandy bluffs on guerrilla trails, walking way, way out onto the seabed of Puget sound, to places that were ten feet under water a few hours before, and other awesome things too numerous to mention. All walking/hiking will be done at normal speed. Where: North parking lot, Discovery park, Seattle When: 7 pm (start) 11 pm (end) What to bring: Warm clothes, decent shoes/boots, water or other beverage Here's a really good pdf map of the park Directions to the north parking lot Bonus info: a list of trail maps for all Seattle parks

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostThu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 am 
Sounds fun, Thursdays are my late teaching day unfortunately. One of these days I'll get there for the midnight minus tide.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostThu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm 
I'm going to try and get down there, but it won't be until after work and that goes until 8:30pm

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm 
Sorry, no cell phone (from a PM). But it won't be hard to find us. Take the loop trail to the South Beach trail, when you get to south beach, turn left, we'll be down that way (south of the light house). Let out a war whoop, and I'll answer back. We'll be at the beach until at least 10 pm. As a matter of fact, if you holler from south bluff, like at the picnic table on the point right before heading down the south bluff trail, we will basically be right below the bluff, and we'll hear you for sure and answer back. See you later!

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostSat Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm 
Wish I could have made it there to hang out with you. Ended up going to Golden Gardens with a friend and got a few pictures out of the deal. It also gave me the chance to meet a woman I was gonna go on a date with the enxt night. Ended up canceling the date, saved money on the dinner that way though too biggrin.gif