Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lake 22
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
chilleejillee

chilleejillee
PostFri Apr 23, 2004 11:04 am 
I headed out to Lake 22 with a good friend and his brother -- who had never been further west than Chicago! I decided on Lake 22 because it was pretty easy going, could be done in sneakers and had the potential to wow a newbie! The trail was 90% snow free - it was patchy near the lake, and the lake itself remains 80% snow covered. There were 2-other people on the trail (so nice to get out during the week!). Needless to say our newbie, as he sat beside the lake, exclaimed, "You should know I have never seen anything like this before!". I love exposing people to what we are lucky enough to have here in the NW!

"Oh, God, if I'm anything by a clinical name, I'm a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." -- J.D. Salinger
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Andrew

Andrew
PostFri Apr 23, 2004 11:11 am 
Back in January, I took my cousin to Lake 22. He's from Oklahoma (as flat as a pancake), so you can guess he was amazed at the site of the lake and mountains surrounding it. Afterwards, he told my brother and I that it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

Spotly

Spotly
PostFri Apr 23, 2004 2:55 pm 
It's kinda neat how that works both ways. Having spent my whole life in the NW, I can remember feeling the same way the first time I drove from here to New Mexico. It's never the same as the pictures. Everything was so expansive.