Forum Index > Partners > Mount Pilchuck Feb 20th 10:00am
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am 
Nope your not going solo. I'm going to brave the winter overnight.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 2:12 am 
mepokeu wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
I might take the hike, but stayin' in a building with no heat with dudes that I don't know does not sound like my idea of a good time, but maybe that's just me? lol
you sound like a single dude whos thinking with his.... biggrin.gif My plan is to sleep in the lookout. Have an awesome cooked dinner, read a book and take amazing pics at sunset and sunrise. This will be my first time camping in the snow on a mountain. I have spent many nights at 10k+ elevation in the winter in Afghanistan, but that was work.
Single? Yes. Me thinking? lol....I was tryin' to be funny as I am wont to do. Sometimes successfully as well. I might take a hike up Pilchuck, but i can't stay the night. Carry on.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
mepokeu

mepokeu
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
mepokeu wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
I might take the hike, but stayin' in a building with no heat with dudes that I don't know does not sound like my idea of a good time, but maybe that's just me? lol
you sound like a single dude whos thinking with his.... biggrin.gif My plan is to sleep in the lookout. Have an awesome cooked dinner, read a book and take amazing pics at sunset and sunrise. This will be my first time camping in the snow on a mountain. I have spent many nights at 10k+ elevation in the winter in Afghanistan, but that was work.
Single? Yes. Me thinking? lol....I was tryin' to be funny as I am wont to do. Sometimes successfully as well. I might take a hike up Pilchuck, but i can't stay the night. Carry on.
Your more then welcomed to come up with us smile.gif But im planning on staying the night. I cant wait to enjoy the views!

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm 
Quote:
Forcast Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. East northeast wind between 5 and 7 mph. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
A little cloudiness is preferable for dramatic sunrises\sunsets. I think i'll pack both of my DSLR's hockeygrin.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
mepokeu

mepokeu
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
Quote:
Forcast Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. East northeast wind between 5 and 7 mph. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
A little cloudiness is preferable for dramatic sunrises\sunsets. I think i'll pack both of my DSLR's hockeygrin.gif
Nice! Im actually a photojournalist for the Army smile.gif but i sold my d200 and lenses to pay for the babys room. Right now when im off work i just use a nikon p5100..

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 8:32 pm 
I have decided to go up Pilchuck Friday the 19th with a gnome and a new hiker who has not ever been on a mountain, should be @ the trailhead between 11-12,....an 'early' start. biggrin.gif Anyone else want to join? 3rd time up there and and this time it should actually be a clear day. wink.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
mepokeu

mepokeu
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I have decided to go up Pilchuck Friday the 19th with a gnome and a new hiker who has not ever been on a mountain, should be @ the trailhead between 11-12,....an 'early' start. biggrin.gif Anyone else want to join? 3rd time up there and and this time it should actually be a clear day. wink.gif
I will unfortunately be moving my office and helping seven coworkers move theirs from the basement to the third floor four wings down with no elevator tomorrow. I love how the government will pay movers to move civilian work employees offices in the same building, but not the Soldiers who work there...

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostThu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 pm 
The LO isn't so much a LO. Just a center info. center with benches around the outside. Not that much room for sleeping. Sunsets haven't been too bad the past couple days. Hulk, you'll have to try out my winter camping. It's a rough life!.....smile.gif
P2173767.JPG
P2173767.JPG
P2173855.JPG
P2173855.JPG
P2173648.JPG
P2173648.JPG
P2173809.JPG
P2173809.JPG
P2173811.JPG
P2173811.JPG

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 pm 
Hulk and anyone else headed up Pilchuck, bring your traction devices, it is a veritable ice rink up there. biggrin.gif

mepokeu

mepokeu
PostFri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Hulk and anyone else headed up Pilchuck, bring your traction devices, it is a veritable ice rink up there. biggrin.gif
precooking some food right now and have my crampons packed! smile.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 pm 
mepokeu wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Good idea. Someone left a can of progresso soup and a bowl in the lookout should you run out o' food. The floor in the lookout is warping badly, I suggest more padding than usual.

mepokeu

mepokeu
PostFri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
mepokeu wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Good idea. Someone left a can of progresso soup and a bowl in the lookout should you run out o' food. The floor in the lookout is warping badly, I suggest more padding than usual.
cant be worse then my bed in Afghanistan
:P

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 19, 2010 11:16 pm 
I slept in an unheated camper last night in a 0 degree bag, and was toasty all night, so you should be fine. Here is my Motley Crue just below the lookout,.....