Forum Index > Partners > Ride from Deer Park to Hurricane Ridge - fri 5/7
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Luc

Luc
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm 
(edited w correct date) Just putting the feelers out for anyone planning a trip next weekend in the PA area. I'm hoping to do a trip from HR (obstruction point) to Deer Park. I'll be staying in m'truck at the gate to Deer Park thursday night and hope to catch a lift to HR friday morning. Is anyone planning on being in the area and willing to give me a lift? I'm flexible on time, good company (i think) and can pitch in on gas and other assiciated costs. let me know here or in PM. thanks in advance for your hepp'!!!!

GNGSTR
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 8:19 pm 
You've done Grand Ridge before, right ? You know the trail is really steep in parts, like on Elk Mountain, right ? Isn't the road out to Obstruction Point still closed ? Sure seems like a long, risky walk, probably on mostly snow and ice this time of year.

Luc

Luc
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 8:31 pm 
i have not done grand ridge before i am aware that there are steep spots, as come with mountains in general i am aware that the ob point road is closed and have budgeted 4 days 5 nights. i am aware of nw avy reports. this thread is actually to help me find a ride.

GNGSTR
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm 
you can hoof it out of deer park road to hwy 101. there's a bus stop on the north side of hwy 101 by C'est si Bon restaurant. ( think you have to press a button to let the bus driver know someone is at the stop) take the bus to town, off near Race street, thumb it south towards the ridge. or friday afternoon is all i can offer.....about 3pm. assuming the ridge road is open.

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 pm 
Hey, I was getting vertigo on some of those ridges mid summer, its not a nicely graded trail. shakehead.gif I just didnt see it being a terrific spring destination. Plus the road walk. But we each have our own path to follow. I hope you get some nice pics, its very scenic up there. I wonder if Moose Lake will be snow free ?

Luc

Luc
PostTue May 04, 2010 1:07 pm 
i can't believe that this weather is actually smiling on me. i've moved my trip up a day for Thursday - Sunday. is anybody else headed out? still considering spots.

GNGSTR