Forum Index > Trip Reports > Beverly-Turnpike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostSun May 09, 2004 1:33 pm 
Had big plans Friday to get out and tackle something other than the vacuum cleaner on the weekend. I decided to head up the Teanaway since weather around here looked spotty. Met up with a friend and went to his cabin on the Teanaway where we were to meet another friend who was driving separately. We were about to give up and leave when he appeared at 2:30. We hit the Beverly-Turnpike trail at about 3:30, which has got to be the latest start I've ever gotten. There were about six cars at the trailhead, so we expected to see some folks, but met only one person coming out. He told us we were the first people he'd seen all day - everyone else must have headed up Bean Creek. The first creek crossing was not easy, but we were able to get across the three braids of the stream without losing anyone. The trail sidehills next to Beverly Creek for the most part, and there are some nice spots for photos along the creek. We had sun, clouds and showers, but no steady rain. There are a few wildflowers out but it's still early. Plenty of snow patches, but not solid snow until the junction with Fourth Creek Trail at 2.5 miles, where we decided to call it a day since it was getting late and the weather looked like we wouldn't have a shot at seeing Stuart. Arrived back at the TH at 6:30, then back to the cabin for beer and a campfire! A couple of pics attached, the rest are on my film camera. Upvalley toward Iron Peak
Beverly Creek tumbles down
Turn around @ Fourth Cr. Tr. Junction - where'd the trail go?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostThu May 13, 2004 9:52 am 
I finally wised up and posted thumbnails with links to the big pics (sorry, dial-up users!). I also got the rest of my pictures back and scanned - not great scans, mind you, but they'll do. They're right here. In addition, I got my pictures from my dayhike at Paradise a few weeks back posted. See them here. My sunburnt skin is just about done peeling...

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message