Forum Index > Trail Talk > Road Trip -- FSR 41 - Three Fingers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 5:59 pm 
smile.gif Drove up FSR 41, 7.5 miles and 1900ft gain from Mtn Loop Hwy. Then, this... I believe this warsh out is right on the bend at the South Fork in the rd., i don't think it is at the creek before it. But there is a creek right before the wash out, too. i can't say i know this rd. very well only been on it two times. Then drove back down the rd. to the FSR 4111, followed it to the 4110 rd. and followed it for a total of 5 miles and 2950 ft. gain, until the snow once again covered the rd. anyone wanting to see pic can email me and i will send them to you.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 6:03 pm 
Whooo... i am impressed, i actually finally got some pick on the site, and they look good. Hey, and i didn't even crash the sight this time.. smile.gif Ice Girl

lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 7:35 pm 
All Hail Ice Girl. Thanks for the photo-jounalist heroics on the thrashed-road story! Info like this and Randy's log-o-rama make this computer nonsense almost worthwhile.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 8:04 pm 
FS 41
Great reporting job, Ice Girl. agree.gif Looks like it's gonna be a looonnnng time before we drive to Tupso Pass again. waah.gif BPJ, that may take more than 44" tires. A caterpiller tractor would get stuck in the bottom of that ravine. IG, we need to see the real photo #6. Tom, can we "edit" posted pics and links?

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Roxann

Roxann
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 8:10 pm 
So you went by yourself. I am sooooo jealous. waah.gif Being stuck at work on a day like today. But I did enjoy the photos. smile.gif

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 9:27 pm 
Other way in?
Can't you drive up to Tupso Pass from the other side? Coming in from the Lake Riley Road out by Arlington, up Jim Creek? It looks like FR 4150 will take you up there...unless, of course, there are GATES! waah.gif

Just where is it I can find beaver, bear, and other critters that are worth cash money when skint?
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 9:33 pm 
There seems to be a rd. on the map, but i didn't have time to do that. i did try to get to the rd. above it and see if the wash out was up that high, too. But the rd. had snow covering it at 5 miles. Ice Girl

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 9:44 pm 
Scrooge wrote:
Tom, can we "edit" posted pics and links?
Yes, you can edit/add/delete attachments by editing your post.

rubberlegs

rubberlegs
PostWed Jun 12, 2002 10:24 pm 
New assignment - Squire Creek slide
Hey Ice Girl, can you go up Squire Creek road and document that slide? I've been told by several sources that it's extremely impressive -- several hundred feet wide coming from the top of the mountain. Wonder if it is closing down places like Three O'clock Rock, Exfoliation Dome, Green Giant Buttress, Squire Creek trail... etc.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostThu Jun 13, 2002 7:43 am 
Right, rubberlegs... i went up to three fingers because last year i hiked almost all the way to goat flats and this year i was interested in backpacking in there for a night. But who knows maybe i will just go and do it. i am not sure exactly where this place is? Could you give me an idea where it is? tongue.gif

REJ

REJ
PostThu Jun 13, 2002 8:19 am 
Rubberlegs: The landslide your are referring to I believe is on the Squire Creek Road. (The FS had an aerial view of the big landslide on their website which is now gone). Access to Darrington Rock (3 o'clock, etc) is from the Clear Creek Road which is on the other side of Jumbo Mtn. Since the landslide on the Squire Creek Road I expect that the Eight Mile Creek trail from Clear Creek Road becomes the preferred trail to Squire Creek Pass.

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostThu Jun 13, 2002 11:10 am 
This just in, came to me in a personal email: Ken J. (McPilchuck) Forest Service Rd. #41 will be closed until approximately August at the 7.5 mile. More information about repair and reopening should be known by the beginning-middle of July. Thank you, Jodi

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Jun 13, 2002 4:38 pm 
Yo Ebineezer, the ole samurai could traverse that easy! I've done worse before! Ya just bring yer rig, some ramps, a 9000lb winch, some balls and away you go! TB biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln