Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Backpackers wanted for Loowit Trail Restoration
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ryan Ojerio

Ryan Ojerio
PostTue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 am 
Howdy hikers, Washington Trails Association (WTA) is looking for a few more volunteers to fill a backcountry expedition to restore a section of the Loowit Trail on the South East side between June Lake and the jct with the Ape Canyon Trail. We'll be in for a four day weekend from June 25-28. Looking for folks who can commit to the entire hitch. I reckon it will be a 3-5 mile pack in. We're going to scope it in the next couple weeks since the snow is going away. WTA provides tools, leadership and hardhats, you bring food, camping gear, sturdy boots and ample supply of elbow grease. Free, plus you'll earn a NW Forest Pass ($35 value). Registration required. Go to: http://www.wta.org/volunteer/trail-work-parties or contact Ryan at ryan@wta.org or (360) 722-2657. -Thanks! Ryan ps we have 5 more dates planned this summer and early fall. All, but the fall trip are scheduled and posted on our website.

SW Washington Regional Manager Washington Trails Association www.wta.org
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
innermountain

innermountain
PostTue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm 
I love it! I'll try and make it but won't know for a bit. Thanks for the post!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message