Forum Index > Partners > The Brothers July 2-3 Partner Wanted
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm 
I climbed the South Brother many years ago and there was a pretty good sized flat spot up on top of it. Ever since then I've always thought it would be neat to camp up top and have an uninterrupted view of the sky and the lights in the lowlands. The upcoming holiday weekend works out perfect for me to do this and I'd like to have a partner to keep me company. There are a couple stipulations though - First: Because I really want to get some nighttime pics of the lowland lights, this will be weather dependent. I may still go if there are clouds in the forecast since it sometimes clears up at night but if there's rain or heavy cloud-cover forecasted I'll find something else to do. Second: I'll be proceeding to a family gathering near Allyn Saturday afternoon after we get down. Unless you want to come and hang out with my cousins until quite late Saturday night, we'll need to take separate vehicles. Third: Jack will be going. Even people who were skeptical about dogs have liked Jack, but if you are absolutely anti-dog then this probably isn't the trip for you. Get ahold of me via PM if you're interested. Cheers!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MFOB

MFOB
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm 
I was up there this weekend right...and the Elevation was 6879. Usually its 6866. So as an FYI, what I could assume as being about 10-12 feet of snow is on top. No such thing as the nice flat spot that there usually is. It is more of a big mound that kinda looks like a boob. Plus nasty cornices to the north. But possibly might be melted out in the couple weeks until then. Good Luck.

Have Fun, Dont Die!
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 pm 
Thanks for the info about the snow! No big deal to camp on snow, as long as I'm prepared for it.