Forum Index > Partners > Any NE Washington hikers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit
PostMon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm 
After moving to the NE mountains from Seattle, I'm loving the seclusion, rarely seeing another human on the trails. However, it would be really nice to do a key-swap hike with someone willing to do the 30 mile Kettle Crest 13 from highway 20 to the boulder creek pass among others. If there's anyone here who wants to get away from the big city/crowded trails or who actually lives here, let's do some hiking. My wife is tired of the constant dropping me off, bringing the car home, etc., just so I can hike when she's not into it. She'd rather tend the garden and I'd rather climb the peaks with my dog. . . .my best hiking buddy ever. RR

I may be old, but at least I'm slow.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday

Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday
PostMon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 pm 
I can vouch for RR, he's a great guy. One of these days I'll actually make it out to that corner of the world. So much to do in the N Cascades, it's hard to break away!

RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit
PostWed Jun 23, 2010 7:04 am 
Good to see ya Tom. I was in Leavenworth last week for a conference and wanted to climb Sleeping Lady, but couldn't find a single person who wanted to do anything but sit in the hotel, drink beer and get/stay fat. That's fine for an hour or two, but a whole week? Gosh. I ended up going it alone, which was really dangerous if I had fallen and got hurt. The rocks near the top were icy, so that's where I turned around. The best part about hiking in my neck of the woods is I can leave right from my front porch, and have never yet met another human on any of the trails I hike. smile.gif RR

Ireland

Ireland
PostThu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 pm 
I'm in Chelan. I would be interested in doing some local hiking.

RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit
PostTue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 am 
It's getting awfully hot down that way now. We're still in the 70s up here, and above 6,000 feet where I do most of my hiking, it's still in the 60s most days. There's quite a few good hikes that would make great key-swap routes. Let me know when you want to come up and we can work something out. I'm free just about any day except Wednesdays, as long as I have a few days notice. RR