Forum Index > Partners > Seeking carpool/ride to Mowich July 3rd/15th
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
chava

chava
PostSun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 pm 
Hi all-- I'm doing Wonderland July 3rd-15th, starting at Mowich Lakes. I'm staying with a friend in Seattle July 1st-2nd and my transportation fell through, so I'm looking for a ride to the trailhead (and/or back, anything at this point is good!). Anyone headed out that way, or have any suggestions for folks who might be willing? Willing to pay gas money and a fair bit extra on top of that for the trouble. Would ideally need to be at the trailhead by 10AM to pick up my permit, earlier if possible since I have a decent chunk of mileage that day. (P.S. I know the website says the road to Mowich isn't open yet, park ranger keeps assuring me it will be by then...) Thanks!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DrakeBrimstone

DrakeBrimstone
PostTue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 am 
Hate to tell you this, recent update: This was from a forwarded email posted to the Mt. Rainier Volunteers board. "Mowich Lake - The Mowich Lake road is open for Admin Use, there are crews and equipment working on the road so please watch for them. The road is wet and soft near the top and there is still alot of snow in the parking lot and campground. If possible please limit your use of the road until next week after the road crew is done making repairs and the road dries out some more. We anticipate opening the road to the public by noon on July 9th." Depending on your direction of travel however there is a work around. Right at the entrence to the park is a trail that meets up with the WLT near the South Mowich River Camp. That being said, while I can't get you a ride back on the 15th depending on your itinarary and direction I'd love to join you for Mowich -> Longmire if thats possible. My original plans for the 3rd -> 11th got canceled so now I have a week off and no real plans. While I don't drive (I really need to fix that) my mom is willing to drop me off and pick me up from trail heads but I need a hiking partner. Let me know if you think we can work something out. -Warren

chava

chava
PostTue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am 
Aw, great!!!! Sigh. I will see what I can figure out, go up to Carbon and talk to the ranger that morning and see what they suggest. Thank you for the offer of help, I found a ride through another channel, but it is much appreciated.