Forum Index > Partners > Sunday scramble, anyone?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 5:37 am 
Really needing a mountain fix. I've only gotten out twice in the last 10 months, what the hell?! I'm on Cap. Hill but can meet anywhere in the Seattle area if a pick-up would be a hassle. I'm down for anything. Del Campo or Sahale would be cool.

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 11:29 am 
I'm down! Is Sahale that mountain off Cascade Pass because I've always wanted to go there

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
veronika

veronika
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 pm 
hijacked.gif Sorry. smile.gif Hey Matt... do you have anything on Bogachiel that you did last weekend or should I be okay as far the trail. Never been there. pretty straight forward?

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 4:53 pm 
Yes, it is very streight forward. Halfway through the High divide trail you will see a small sign that points to a small way trail to the top of Bogachiel. Anywhere you may encounter snow on the trail there will be many footprints but there is no danger and ice axes arent't needed. I would recommend doing the whole loop hike starting at Sol Duc. I hear the Cat basin primitave trail is only worth it if you go all the way to cat basin (3 more miles each way)

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
veronika

veronika
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm 
Thanks. And again, sorry for hijacking the thread! clown.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm 
Also should mention that there was not much snow when I was there last week and since it was melting so fast, there may not be any left now. Have fun there... truly a beautiful area Dane, are you still going somewhere this Sunday?

Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 5:08 pm 
Matt Lemke wrote:
I'm down! Is Sahale that mountain off Cascade Pass because I've always wanted to go there
Matt - yeah, that's the one. Sahale is a long, difficult day and the climbing is very exposed...a fall would be a disaster. I would need to be pretty confident in my partner's skill and judgement before heading up with them. I'd be happy to hit a peak with you, though. Are you interested in Del Campo, or have another peak in mind?

Without judgement what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves... -Death
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm 
Cool, I am always up for summits. Looking at Sahale, that is probably a little out of my league but Del Campo from Foggy Lake sounds great. Class 3 is my fav!! Also haven't been through Monte Cristo in years and having been to Blanca lake last Monday, I love the area.

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Jul 30, 2010 5:26 pm 
Will there still be snow?

Dane
Other

Dane
Other
PostSat Jul 31, 2010 2:49 pm 
I've decided not to use my first day off in 10 days getting ready to use my last day off for another 5...need some time for errands and my girl. Sorry frown.gif

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostSat Jul 31, 2010 4:56 pm 
Thats OK cartman and I are going Hope you can get out soon