Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt Pilchuck Lookout 8/15/2010
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DitchDoc

DitchDoc
PostSun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 pm 
Ok, let's get it over with quick on the bad stuff. 1. The bugs 2. The heat 3. The bugs 4. The road up could use a little grading, but I got a jeep, no biggy. 5. The bugs 6. Who ever put that one rock in the path that I twisted my ankle on. The Good: Great hike up though. Enjoyed the views as I went and shot a few pics while there. The trail was dry for the most part, only a few spots from down trickling streams were present. The people weren't really bad either. Small groups through out the day, but no major groups. Well except for the bugs. The trip down went pretty well, made it past where the major rock started, thinking, "yes, made it without injury". Spoke too soon. About 20 minutes from the trail head, well, I found that one rock that has hunted me since I was young. Always seems to jump out and ruin a great hike. I eluded him on the last one, he never caught up, but he got his payback. Overall, great trip. Hard on the cardio, but the views were worth the workout.
Doc just looking out from Pilchuck
Doc just looking out from Pilchuck
Baker from Pilchuck
Baker from Pilchuck
Olympics from Pilchuck Lookout
Olympics from Pilchuck Lookout
Rainier From Pilchuck Lookout
Rainier From Pilchuck Lookout

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any deviation from that is bad.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Zukismom

Zukismom
PostMon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 am 
Bugs bugs and more bugs..and reading all the bad stuff about DEET...I really hate to think about what size they will all evolve to as they drink that stuff like water. smile.gif Great pics!

DitchDoc

DitchDoc
PostMon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm 
Oh, and I'd like to thank all of you who were there that day for pointing out that I was hauling too much of a load. Believe me, it will be remedied before the next outing. Doc

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any deviation from that is bad.