Forum Index > Gear Talk > Water Repellent - As it reads
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Jan 06, 2002 10:31 am 
I'm looking for a good spray on water repellent for my pack. I'd rather not use a cover as I'm in and out of it frequently. I'm not talking heavy rain but just the constant drizzle/dampness that eventually soaks through. I've tried Tectron DWR but it doesn't seem to last very much of the trip. Any suggestions? TIA NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostSun Jan 06, 2002 11:37 am 
NN: I'm not familiar with spray on water repellents, but you might want to check with Rainy Pass Repair on their water repellent services. I had them re-do am older gortex duck hunting coat and it works great. I've had very good luck with them on lot's of alterations to backpacking equipment, tents, etc. They are located just north of 50th & Roosevelt Way, across from Dante's Tav. Here's the link: http://www2.gorp.com/rainypass/ Salish

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message