Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free gear giveaway! What you got? What you need?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostFri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Yana needs: protective bits for ice axe (both for head and spike) Oneluv1's freeitem I have a pair of older Womens Asolo Stynger GTX boots. Size 9 w/ green super feet. THey seem to run a little small. Still in great condition and water proof. Slugman's free items: Two fiber-fill sleeping bags, mummy style, suitable for car camping Car camping stove, screws on top of green propane cylinder, plus a couple of cylinders (can't ship those) woffie offers: Sierra designs Glacier tent. Double-A, state-of-the-art in early 1970's. AllisonW needs: Bicycle stuff: headlight, non-knobby tires for mountain bike, women's seat, bar ends for mountain bike, bike shoes, women's 9. Also, wide-angle lens, pre-digital is ok, any major brand is ok, though Canon is best. EastKing needs... An overnight backpack with an ice axe loop. I am doing Glacier Peak and possible Gannett Peak and Grand Teton. damage wants fixable tarp tent, winter gloves, generic watch w/ alarm PatchesMcGill has: lightly used camelback bladder. 1> year old (3L hydrotitanium--it has a pinhole leak but can be fixed easily with some seam grip and it'll be good as new), and a random red colored nalgene bottle Backpacker Joe offers: 5.10 Vertical high top old style rock shoes size 9 used only once or twice. Cullman hikers tripod. Comes with camera base plate. Mtnwkr has Ruffwear dog pack, red, size small. Fit my 55lb vizsla well, could go up or down on size a little. Chevre NEEDS: Ice Axe 70 cm. Thank you.

Wiki summmary last edited by Jeff on Thu May 05, 2016 2:58 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
trestle

trestle
PostWed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 am 
Oneluv1's freeitem I have a pair of older Womens Asolo Stynger GTX boots. Size 9 w/ green super feet. THey seem to run a little small. Still in great condition and water proof. I would take these if still available. I have to come over to the city either on Friday or early next week, hopefully we could meet up.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jul 16, 2011 10:22 am 
Another success story: I met Wet Dog last night at Marymoor, with his wet dog Max, and gave him an MSR Whisperlite stove to replace the one he burned up. I got it for free, and hadn't used in almost ten years, might as well let someone get some enjoyment out of it. His dog Max was awesome. So cute, a light brown color, but with a white nose. Friendly, well-behaved, and very loyal. biggrin.gif

woutervw
In search of trips

woutervw
In search of trips
PostMon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am 
I'm looking for an ice axe for my daughter. Something in the 60-65cm range. She wants to climb Rainier or Hood next year and I'd like to get her started on self-arrest this summer. I have a Coleman Exponent xTreme stove for whoever wants it. Can't get the canisters anymore.

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 pm 
Thank you Erik The Red... The tough traveler is perfect!

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 pm 
I need some medium size gaitors, I have the large size crocks and they are too big. Give/buy/sell/trade? I could also use a 20 degree bag that doesn't weigh a ton. Located in the N end.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
erik the red

erik the red
PostThu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 pm 
Welcome, Hit. Glad your sis could put it to use! smile.gif up.gif

SusanHikes

SusanHikes
PostThu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 am 
I'm new to this but cleaning out stuff and thought I'd give this a whirl. Let's start with... Pacific Outdoor 25 Liter Wet/Dry Sack Works as a dry bag but pulls double duty as a solar shower. Never been used, still in original packaging. PM me if interested. It's yours if you are willing to pick it up in Auburn. Edit 8/18/11-Gone

onemoremile

onemoremile
PostThu Aug 18, 2011 9:12 pm 
So a pine tree blew over the other night.....now for the removal process I am left with at least one truck load of wood. Ranging in size from 2" diameter to about 18", up to 4 feet in length. I figure someone might want it for campfires. If nobody wants it, I plan to leave it at some campground--probably by the Upper Dungeness TH or maybe Dungeness Forks. It will be a couple days before I get tired of looking at the pile and run get rid of it. I can drop it off someplace in Sequim if needed.

“Arbolist? Look up the word. I don’t know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it’s an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees.” G.W. Bush
trestle

trestle
PostFri Aug 19, 2011 8:03 am 
Are you sure it's a pine tree? How pitchy is it? Local managers are being very pro-active about dumping of anything on state or federal lands and the restrictions around here are growing. You might want to call Quilcene (NFS) to find out more before just dumping it. The tree farm out off of Gehrke Road in Agnew will take it for their mulch. I have a burn-pile waiting for November if nothing else and I'm also in Sequim. Pine doesn't always make the best firewood for stoves but sure roars on a bonfire.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostTue Sep 27, 2011 1:44 pm 
I got the bestest color pencils EVER!!! Thanks, HiT!! hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif up.gif up.gif Now I am looking for a heavy duty stretchy headlamp strap, preferably with a section that goes over the top of the head (as opposed to just the headband style).

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Oct 02, 2011 10:51 pm 
I am still in the market for a 20 degree {or under} bag that is of medium to light weight, does not have to be free, just reasonably priced and good condition. Thanks.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
veronika

veronika
PostMon Oct 03, 2011 12:56 am 
I am glad you like the colored pencils, Yana. up.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
longhair27

longhair27
PostFri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 pm 
Do you have any POWERMAX fuel canisters to go with your Extreme Stove? I'll take your stove off your hands.

slickhorn

slickhorn
PostTue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 am 
I have a number of good working alcohol stoves from MiniBullDesigns available for free. Also have an old school white gas XGR I'll kick down, also free.

crwdog

crwdog
PostSun Nov 20, 2011 1:19 pm 
Edit: it's all gone...