Forum Index > Photography Talk > Digital Resizing
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 25, 2004 3:21 pm 
I use ACDSee 6.03 for all my photo stuff. I really like that program. TB http://www.acdsystems.com/English/index.htm

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:57 am 
Thanks to everyone who offered their tips. I will give the various methods described a shot and see what works best for me. Tom, thanks for the link - that's good info which I will try to digest. One bit of haziness still - (if it was answered and I missed it, I apologize): what the heck does Save For Web do? Just resize your image? If anybody feels ambitious, maybe they could explain the difference between Sharpen and Unsharp Mask in PS (sounds like a job for Bryan!). Now, if only I were a better photographer...

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 4:47 pm 
mike wrote:
Sore Feet:By the way, I thought you'd be up Depot Ck past the border by about now. What happened? I have an excuse, two bids due tomorrow.
Postponed for a day. TR is up now. up.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 5:24 pm 
Kleet wrote:
If anybody feels ambitious, maybe they could explain the difference between Sharpen and Unsharp Mask in PS (sounds like a job for Bryan!).
From the first hit on Google:
Quote:
Unsharp mask emulates the tradition method of making an out of focus copy negative and interleaving that between the original neg and the contact film and using a long time exposure. The above was used to 'sharpen' slightly out of focus negs. I would always use unsharp mask, there's far more control

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short