Forum Index > The Trading Post > for sale...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:39 pm 
i have a few things in my closet that someone else might be able to use...one is a l.l.bean pack, size large, its a few years old, good condition...i think its around 4000- 4500 in. it has the fully adjustable suspention to fit many torso sizes. also i have a msr whisperlite stove and fuel bottle, used a few times but in good condition... make an offer on either. josh

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:54 pm 
Hmm... the stove sounds tempting... how much does it weigh? And what type of fuel does it take?

mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 10:15 pm 
her is some info just go to this page, http://www.msrcorp.com/stoves/whisper_shaker.asp its a good all around stove.....

There's a mostly unspoken acknowledgment among the voluntarily impoverished that it's better to be fiscally poor yet rich in experience-living the dream-than to be traditionally wealthy but live separate from one's passions.
LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl

LittleHikerMom
Mom to a little girl
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 11:42 am 
So, do you buy "white gas" fuel canisters, or is it a little more difficult to refuel? I'm just trying to make sure it's not some complicated thing with fuel that's hard to find or something, lol. And what is the least you'd hope to get for this stove? I'm lookin to see what you might charge.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 12:13 pm 
godlygirl, I would not recommend you get a whisperlite as your first stove. They are not lite (or very quiet) and they do require a bit of maintenance and fussing. If you want something simple and inexpensive for summer camping, go for a tin can alcohol stove. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5001

mtnwkr

mtnwkr
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 8:27 pm 
hes right about the wheight, there are lighter stoves, but this is a good cold weather stove, as the new buitane stoves dont function well below 45 degrees. not something for the A.T., but good for a nite in the snow...it does take a little to figure out, but once you get it theres not much to it... the feul you can buy at any sport store for a few bucks a gallon, then you just fill up the bottle with as much as you need for the trip. josh