Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hikes in canada
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Siesta

Siesta
PostTue Jul 16, 2002 9:25 pm 
Are there any good hikes up in BC and Alberta that people can recommend? Thanks, Siesta

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostWed Jul 17, 2002 4:11 am 
Was just up to Cathedral park and hiked some of the Lakeview Trail. Was ok, hard and not to scenic. Only one other hiker on the trail. If you want, think about the ride to the resort and core area. Hike from there. Much better hikes and has a campground. Cost $ for the ride tho but think it may be worth it. Maybe try Vancouver Is. Strathcona Park has some good ones also. Mt. Seymore area Whistler Area. Here's a couple of links. BC Parks ClubTread Vancouver Island NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostFri Jul 26, 2002 7:24 am 
Lot of Great Hiking in Canada
As a Canadian I can tell you that there are many great places to hike in Canada although anything around Vancouver (Mt. Seymour) or on Vancouver Island would not be high on my list. For the shortest drive I would go into the Whistler area. For the best overall hiking I would go into the BC interior - Purcell Wilderness, Bugaboo, Kokanee & Valhalla provincial parks, Glacier National Park or the BC Rockies Mt. Robson & Assiniboine provincial Parks, Kootney & Yoho national parks. For specific trails & destination you can check out my website http://groups.msn.com/davidkarenshikingpage (I have lots of pictures) or search those names in Google. Cathedral Lakes is nice but at $75 a person just to get there it's hardly worth it.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message