Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Jul 30, 2002 2:34 am 
Not happening this summer. Adjust plans accordingly. up.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message

PostTue Jul 30, 2002 7:35 am 
Wierd. Friend of mine called "Leavensworth" ranger station yesterday afternoon but he was told the repairs were going begin on 8/1 or 8/2. I didn't see anything 'official' on their site - but maybe I missed it??

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostTue Jul 30, 2002 9:50 am 
I heard that the repairs were cancelled also so I plan on calling the Leavenworth ranger station before making any plans to go up there just to be on the safe side. confused.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
rubberlegs

rubberlegs
PostTue Jul 30, 2002 11:45 am 
For what it's worth, the trailhead sign at the Lake Stuart trail had a sign with the 8/1 closing date. We were dragging our tail up ass hard pass -- Dragontail is a pretty easy trip from the pass.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Jul 30, 2002 1:16 pm 
On July 15, they had signs posted that said the work was delayed until August, but this is now posted on the Rec Report for Leavenworth District: BRIDGE REPLACEMENT: Due to the current fire situation nationwide, many national forest project funds are being diverted to support emergency fire suppression efforts. Funds previously earmarked for the replacement of the road bridges between Eightmile and Stuart Lake Trailheads have been diverted to these fire suppression efforts. Thus, the planned replacement of the two road bridges has been postponed probably until next year. For more information about this road bridge replacement project, please contact the Leavenworth Ranger District office. Sheesh, you'd think they woulda collected enough $$$ from the TrailPark Pass fees to build 5 bridges... confused.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?

PostWed Jul 31, 2002 9:46 am 
Thanks for the update everyone. So they spent all their money on fighting fires huh? They didn't know they'd have to do that? Amazing the way the government works - or doesn't.

JimK

JimK
PostWed Jul 31, 2002 10:15 am 
Come on Pappy, I remember a year that there were no major fires in Washington state. It was back in 1998, no, maybe 1995, no not then. How about 1992, no, big fire that year... Oh heck, there must have been a year....

PostWed Jul 31, 2002 10:22 am 
Exactly JimK!

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostWed Jul 31, 2002 6:38 pm 
So does that mean our trail pass $ won't be used for trail maint.? Volunteer work will have to work double shifts now. I might have to find the time to volunteer. Hey, maybe NWHikers.net can start an Adopt a Trail Program. Pick one that needs real help and do nothing fancy. Maybe some that are really endangered? NN suuure.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.