Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Anybody know why putz-in-boots deleted all her content?
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 pm 
I noticed a couple of threads lost their titles, turned to dots, one was the 2012 Flower report thread. confused.gif Another was about underwater cameras in the photo forum. I looked through the threads, nothing offensive in them, nothing off topic. Then I noticed Putz-in-boots is now just a dot in all her posts, the threads she started are all just single dots, and (almost) all her content is just dots. Very strange. I guess she can do what she wants with her own posts, but the title-less threads are annoying. Other people posted content in these threads, and now they are doomed, since no one knows what they are anymore, they are almost unnoticeable. Maybe the admin could restore just the thread titles? Or start a new 2012 flower report thread, and graft the old thread to it? I mean if we all have the right to delete our own content, that right stops when the content of others is affected. A person may own their posts, but they don't own whole threads. I guess that's as much a question as a statement.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostTue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 am 
I wonder what happened. Did PiB decide to delete all her content, or was it sabotage from somewhere? Anyway, I agree with Slugman that losing the titles is a significant dis-service to both participants in the thread and to later readers, because there is a lot of content in the threads from other posters. There are a number of trip reports, including several in which I participated, which are now entirely unidentifiable because they have no titles. Can the titles be restored by the mods or admin from archived material?

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostTue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 am 
That is odd. confused.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 am 
No idea. Cabin Fever? Suggest using other means of communication for specifics. I have fixed the title of the flower thread. PM me if you see any other thread titles that need fixing but I suspect most will just fade away without issues.