Forum Index > Support & Feedback > What happened to 'saving drafts'?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm 
Tom, I thought you had that one planned, something that would save a draft of what you were working on, if you moved away inadvertently? At the very least, I thought you could have added one of those warning windows:
Quote:
STOP! If you complete that move, you'll lose what you were working on. Or some such.
I sure could use it. I lose a lot, through sheer carelessness. irked.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue Mar 27, 2012 7:16 pm 
There's a plug in for Firefox (Lazarus, I think) that does that for every form automatically.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 am 
That sounds like just the thing, Mike. Thanks. Only I downloaded it, or attempted to, but nothing has been added to my system. confused.gif I know my downloads work, 'cause I just did it with that FastStone graphics program.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 am 
Write something in a posting box, then move away, then open up a new posting box, then right click, and one of the right click options should be the little Lazarus symbol with the words "recover text".

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri Mar 30, 2012 2:57 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Write something in a posting box, then move away, then open up a new posting box, then right click, and one of the right click options should be the little Lazarus symbol with the words "recover text".
Step one. Yep. That worked. Though I've never before tried to get back by starting another post. I would have thought doing that was a sure way to kiss the lost post goodbye. dizzy.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 pm 
That was meant as instructions to test the system, not really something you need to do every time. The assumption is that somehow you already moved away from the posting box, or the computer or the browser crashed or something. That's the beauty of Lazarus. It makes your posts "rise from the grave". angel.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostMon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 am 
Lazarus. up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif I have already used it dozens of times, successfully. It did lose one, short post, but the interesting thing is that it 'knew' it. As always, it showed the first words of the missing post, but in 'ghost' mode, and it could not 'resurrect' that post. Anyway, a great program. Thanks.