Forum Index > Gear Talk > Packable Raft info wanted
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
LitePacker

LitePacker
PostFri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am 
@Kat, I designed the inflation bag to have a multitude of uses which gives the end user more options than simply an inflation bag and/or boat storage bag if they so choose. I agree, some cross utilization may not be desired, but the option is there. I might have to work on a shower attachment. smile.gif @Nacci, thanks for the business! The Instaflator is compatible with the FlytePacker out of the box. (I have one and have tested it) If you have a FlytePacker and an inflatable mattress, the Instaflator is a nice, low weight (1.7oz) option to blow both up. For the price it is worth it just to test. In my experience it takes at least 12 "pumps" to get the FlytePacker to a point where you have to top it off with your breath. YMMV http://themillair.com/images.html @Slugman...how about a Packraftabivy? http://sportys.com/PilotShop/product/12070

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 11, 2011 10:13 am 
Really bummed the trailboat was discontinued, that was my preferred choice. With proper handling and not using the D rings I got a lot of life out of them, and the inflatable floor was far preferable to the use of a sleeping pad in my eyes.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Mar 11, 2011 11:47 am 
Nacci wrote:
Perhaps folks can post some "action photos" with these rafts in use over the summer.
Here's a link to some pictures and trip report of the Flotilla Social we held last June. We had a car campout, a great hike, boated a beautiful lake, and hauled out at least a hundred pounds of garbage. Goat lake garbage haul with boats

VAIronman

VAIronman
PostThu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm 
If you still have the Sevylor Trail Boat, I'd be interested in it. Please reply back and let me know. mark@sbbracing.com

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm 
well chief is considering buying my wussmobile....I was gona start a thread titled "what's a good wussmobile worth?"....and I was gonna ask who would pay 200$?.....used and in good condit..... actually am considering selling it... bawl.gif and for less than that to mr. joseph... just wondering opinions on whatcha think all u expersttsa.....

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu May 03, 2012 6:43 pm 
A brand new Flytepacker is $300. That might be a slightly better boat than yours, plus of course new. But based on that, yours must be worth $150 to $200.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu May 03, 2012 6:46 pm 
ya I just want some support to the 150$ mark...

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu May 03, 2012 9:47 pm 
I think my offer of $135 is fair, given that the raft is several years old and has a few patches....if I remember correctly they are only on the bottom, not on the air chambers? We started at $100, then $125, then you thought it over and came back with $150. So $135 seems fine to me? It probably sold for about $200-250 when new? I realize that they are very difficult to find, making them worth more. Did you buy it new?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Grinch
Local Burger Tester

Grinch
Local Burger Tester
PostFri May 04, 2012 7:55 am 
Is Flytepacker still making them? the website doesn't come up for me?

JimK

JimK
PostFri May 04, 2012 9:33 am 
I had to truncate the url to get it to work. Try this: Flyweight Website It lists the boats as "in stock". When I added one to the cart the cart remained empty. Tried IE and Firefox. Looks like one needs to email if you are interested in buying.

BigBear

BigBear
PostFri May 04, 2012 11:52 am 
I just bought a raft from Flyweight designs a couple months ago. I have only used it once so far but I like it. I just cut up a peice of old blue sleeping mat cc foam for the floor.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Sep 14, 2019 2:08 pm 
Interesting raft on indiegogo. Not the lightest but rapid inflation / deflation. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uncharted-rapid-raft-world-s-lightest-pack-raft#/

Downhill

Downhill
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 pm 
I have this Klymit LiteWater. It weighs 35 oz and inflates easily. I have used it for 2 seasons and have had no leaks, yet. Currently on sale on Amazon for about $110 Klymit LiteWater

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 1:57 pm 
I had the LWD. It's a nice option if you don't want to spend much. My nephew eventually took it off my hands as I already had 3 curtis rafts.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm 
Yea, the gnome loaned me his POS Klymit raft, I nearly capsized it while fishing in Boardman lake. You know ho w the Curtis has the air valve on the side that allows you to slowly release pressure when the raft inflated due to hot air temps? Well, the Klymit has the valve behind your head, out of site and nearly out of reach. So I attempted to release some pressure and it nearly deflated completely in seconds, so be advised, don't do that! lol

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.