Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Is there a sticky for trail and road links
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hiker1

hiker1
PostWed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm 
I thought I had seen somewhere on this site a list of websites and links for specific geographic areas, like N Cascades, E Wash., BC, Oregon, etc. Is there any such thing?

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu May 03, 2012 11:04 am 
hiker1

hiker1
PostThu May 03, 2012 12:52 pm 
Slugman wrote:
Is this what you are thinking of?
Thanks, yes and no. Yes because it's a good resource for road conditions, no because it's not about trails. I thought I had seen a similar thread for trails. Not just trail conditions, but a list of trails and links about them by geographic area. Maybe it was on another site.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri May 04, 2012 10:15 am 
How about this?

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
hiker1

hiker1
PostFri May 04, 2012 11:56 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
How about this?
Yes, that's good. WTA also has it's hiking guide. And this. And this. And this. And this. And this list but it has some commercial links. It's this kind of links list that would be a good start for a wiki or sticky like the Road conditions / closures one we already have. And with the few links I put above, we hardly need to start our own, but maybe we should. What do you think?

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSat May 05, 2012 12:45 am 
hiker1 -- I get a kick out of these generic hiking sites that assemble data from random sources and users without knowing what they're getting. Cool Trails has this note on the Mt Si page (which is notably brief). And of course it has a broken link to Trails.com
Quote:
Note: This is backcountry wilderness travel. Any trail can become very dangerous in winter conditions. You are responsible for informing yourself of the hazards and taking the necessary precautions.
My comments do not include the WTA site -- that's a pretty good one for organized hike info, but TRs can be a little stale.

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue May 08, 2012 6:02 am 
Real informative trip report form Mt. Si on Cool trails.. lol.gif
Quote:
Trip report by: xxx "I would definitely recommend this trip to a friend." First time hiking Mt. Si. The day started cloudy and by the time we reached Haystack was totally misting so we could not enjoy the view. It rained pretty much the whole way down but the trail is very well maintained. The ascent is deceptive. Great workout! Note: This is backcountry wilderness travel. Any trail can become very dangerous in winter conditions. You are responsible for informing yourself of the hazards and taking the necessary precautions. Please read Terms of Use.
Makes you appreciate this site even more.