Forum Index > Trip Reports > “NWHikers Traveling Summit Register”
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostTue Sep 09, 2008 9:22 pm 
Current status of the NWHTSR Awaits you on Sauk Mountain Old Log Book(s): - July 23rd, 2005 - April 26th, 2009 Previously on: (map)
  1. Poe Mountain
  2. Whittier Peak
  3. Gothic Peak
  4. Kendall Peak
  5. Huckleberry Mountain
  6. Alaska Mountain
  7. Kendall Peak
  8. Bryant Peak
  9. Yellow Aster Butte
  10. Terrace Mountain
  11. Trico
  12. McClellan Butte
  13. Hi Box
  14. Spring Mountain
  15. Breccia
  16. Tumac
  17. American Ridge
  18. Alaska Mountain
  19. Stilliguamish Peak
  20. Mount Forgotten
  21. Bogachiel Peak
  22. Welch Peaks
  23. Pyramid Mountain
  24. Granite Mountain (Wenatchee Mountains)
  25. Red Mountain (Snoqualmie Pass North)
  26. Floating Rock
  27. Galleon Peak
  28. Granite Mountain (Snoqualmie Pass North)
  29. Mt. Aix
  30. Puffer Butte
  31. Whitestone Rock
  32. Wapaloosie Mountain
  33. Antoine Peak
  34. Day Mountain (Mount Spokane State Park)
  35. Sauer's Mountain
  36. Putrid Pete's Peak
  37. Mailbox Peak
  38. Mount Teneriffe
  39. Rock Mountain
  40. Granite Mountain (Snoqualmie Pass North)
  41. Mount Kent
  42. Spark Plug
  43. Antler Peak, MRNP
  44. Dege Peak
  45. Crystal Mountain (Silver King) (The King)
  46. Mt. Forgotten
  47. Boulder Top Spire (Sherpani)
  48. Mac Peak (AWOL)
NWHTSR #2 1. Sauk Mountain

Wiki summmary last edited by veronika on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Then I see someone has updated the wiki to read that it's on Bears Breast. .
My fault. I thought the gentleman had already placed it and being new, didn't know to update the wiki. It's poor form to criticize where the guy puts it - there are no rules, and a summit is a summit. He was interested enough to pull the register and post about it. That's cool.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostTue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm 
The Angry Hiker, The persona that you've created here, always keeps me in stitches. It reminds me of a time when I studied under the teachings of Grandmother Bernice Falling Leaf Crow Foote in the Blue Moon Medicine Lodge. Grandmother gifted me with the name of Laughter Bringer, well that gave me the opportunity to be silly and joking most all of the time. At times during ceremonies she would have someone on either side of me give me a nudge in a playful manor. Humor is good medicine, it reminds us to not take Life so serious all the time, and to be more like children at play, thanks for sharing it here in your own special way. Quark, Thanks for clearing that up. Quark said "It's poor form to criticize where the guy puts it - there are no rules, and a summit is a summit. He was interested enough to pull the register and post about it. That's cool." I agree totally. EDIT: BTW, I'm not on anyones side here, as far as technical or non technical summits go. I believe in inclusiveness and not exclusiveness. I believe in letting people show up as they choose to be and I honor their differences.

veronika

veronika
PostTue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
Well I just got back from climbing Bear's Breasts Mountain and there was no friggin' register up there! I looked everywhere! I looked under the North Breast. I looked under the South Breast. I even looked in between both Breasts! It was like a Russ Meyer film up there, but there was neither hide nor hair of that register! It's a SCAM!!! mad.gif
OMG... this comment goes perfecty with your choice of avatar picture. rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
austineats

austineats
PostWed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 pm 
'dem Bear teats
I should'a kept my damn mouth shut 'til I had it placed. Didn't mean to send no one on a wild goose chase. Damn partner had a 'nother commitment, that and the inclement weather put us behind a day. It'll be one place or 'nother come tomorrow night (inshalah). My batteries are dead for the camera so there wont be a photograph. You'll just have to trust me that it is where I say it is. Thank you "naturealbeing" for the call to "pop some corn and kick back", sage advice.

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostThu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 am 
Yana wrote:
Redwic wrote:
I don't think the Traveling Summit Register should be on a Class I (trail-to-summit) peak, but at the same time I think putting it on a peak such as Bears Breast Mountain is also a bad idea. How about trying to put it only on peaks with YDS Class II-IV summit routes?
Why? Is a summit any less a summit because there's a trail to the top? confused.gif Also, you are confusing the nomenclature for grade and class. Grade is expressed in roman numerals (I, II, etc.) while class is expressed in arabic numerals (1, 2, etc.).
I am moreso suggesting that the NWHTSR should be on peaks less than Class 5, than anything else. I would prefer the NWHTSR be put on a peak with some effort, where it will not be stolen by those non-NWHers who frequent the trail-only summits. Again, just personal preference. People can do what they want, if they get it fair-and-square. And thanks for correcting my nomenclature. You are absolutely correct... that was FUBAR for me.

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
austineats

austineats
PostThu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 pm 
Traveling Register Safely Bedded Down on a New Summit
Everyone may relax now. The register is sleeping soundly tonight (as will I after today's 20 miler). I don't have a photo as my batteries are dead and I can not find the charger, sorry. Dear old Fred calls this peak Boulder Top Spire in his Columbia/Stevens Pass, Cascade Alpine Guide. By the way, the peak isn't a 20 mile hike I just chose to do other things as well.

austineats

austineats
PostTue Sep 14, 2010 3:00 pm 
It has been a week and one half and I see no mention of it moving. Seems odd, when Bear's Breast was implied people were all over it. What is going on? Another name that this peak goes by is Sherpani.

dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostTue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm 
I suspect that most will recognize the name Sherpani, but perhaps not Boulder Top. Maybe change the wiki post to reflect the more common name? I was just on Sherpani a couple of weeks ago, so I'll pass retrieving it to someone else.

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Middle E
no more moustache

Middle E
no more moustache
PostSun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm 
dicey wrote:
I was just on Sherpani a couple of weeks ago, so I'll pass retrieving it to someone else.
Wow - who would have guessed it would be 11 months before retrieval! I found the register yesterday, having no idea that the register was there. The last signature was from Oct. 16 (Matt Hutchinson). Kinda surprised no one has been up there this year, since it should have been accessible for some time. In any event, time for a new location!

pithy yet insightful signature
Middle E
no more moustache

Middle E
no more moustache
PostSun Aug 14, 2011 3:54 pm 
Well, our attempt to place this on Bulls Tooth on Saturday was not successful, as you can see Bulls Tooth aborted trip. I'll try again next weekend, on some other summit!

veronika

veronika
PostTue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 pm 
I effed up the wiki... frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Middle E
no more moustache

Middle E
no more moustache
PostSun Aug 21, 2011 1:57 pm 
Placed it on Mac Peak on August 20. Mac Peak Trip Report

B+L

B+L
PostTue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 am 
Found on Iron Peak on 6/16. We carried it up Davis Peak, but ended up taking it back down with us after we stopped at the old lookout site.

Middle E
no more moustache

Middle E
no more moustache
PostTue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 am 
B+L wrote:
Found on Iron Peak on 6/16. We carried it up Davis Peak, but ended up taking it back down with us after we stopped at the old lookout site.
Is this the register that we placed on Mac Peak last August? Any indication of who moved it, and when?

reststep

reststep
PostTue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 am 
It sounds like it is Ed Miller's Traveling Summit Register. It was placed on Iron Peak last year.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir