Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Do you think this site could be improved? Should it be?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

Do you feel like this site could be improved? Should it be?
No, I think this site is fine just the way it is because:
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
Yes, I think there could be improvements and those improvements are:
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 36

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostSun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 pm 
Thank you Hulksmash for showing me that Gmap button, I had no idea it was there (never noticed it really) and I will now incorporate it into my trip reports! However, it still doesn't help you if you are browsing trip reports or seeking specific trails/destinations/locations. For example, I have been looking for TR all day for Park Butte/Railroad Grade - High Camp today for a trip I want to do later this week. I typed in Park Butte and I get 400 TRs including my Gem Lake/Wright Mountain TR! I just want Park Butte, and there are many! I too barely wonder down to the South Cascades or MRNP, but I still look at the trip reports hoping one of them will attract me to going there (one reason I now want to go to Park Butte at Mount Baker) plus I like the eye candy so I doubt just knowing that a trail is where I don't usually go is going to deter me from looking at the TR. In regards to the "Frankly i don't buy the i cant afford one argument. You don't need the most expensive one." I'm one of those who can't afford a GPS and as much as I want one, I'm not going to spend money on a cheap one if it can't even keep track of where I'm going. Plus I have other priorities being low-income at the moment.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Aug 29, 2010 9:52 pm 
As mentioned earlier in this thread, one future enhancement will be an option to tag TRs with lat / lon coordinates. That will open up a lot of possibilities (e.g. displaying a map with search results so you can limit the hits).

Luc

Luc
PostThu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 pm 
boing! miss me? I'm wondering about the site update that was supposed to happen a year ago. did it happen?

GNGSTR
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 am 
No. No. A site's gotta have priorities. Getting out and enjoying nature is definitely more important than gnashing teeth on an already working product.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Luc

Luc
PostFri Sep 16, 2011 10:57 am 
you have a point dm. then one more month until i really start pitching poo.

GNGSTR
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Sep 16, 2011 11:04 am 
Not sure if I posted this here or in another thread but basically my priorities have changed. If there is anyone out that wants to step up and invest the time and energy to bring this forum out of the stone age I'm more than willing to hand over those responsibilities.

Burke M
over-caffeinated

Burke M
over-caffeinated
PostFri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 am 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
No. No. A site's gotta have priorities. Getting out and enjoying nature is definitely more important than gnashing teeth on an already working product.
ditto.gif

Luc

Luc
PostWed Jun 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
beuller?

GNGSTR
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am 
@ Tom: Some day I would be up for that, but first need to learn more programming languages which by mid to late 2013 I should be pretty well rounded on the advanced stuff. cool.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm 
Im not sure whether this is Google chrome or me or what. In the past if a particular forum area had new contact the buttons would be highlighted to show new content you hadnt seen. After Id go there and leave the highlighter area would go away because Id seen it and it wasnt new content anymore. Now the areas are ALWAYS highlighted. I visit them and leave and they're still highlighted.... What gives?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostSun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 pm 
did you change your cookie management process? maybe your cookies are getting deleted, so you no longer can see what is new and what is not.