Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New members/intro thread
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
akav8r

akav8r
PostMon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm 
Hi all, I'm Heidi and my husband and I live in the Olympia area with our two kids (currently 9 and 13). We've done quite a bit of camping, hiking, boating (canoes and kayaks), and we are getting into backpacking over the last few years now that the kids can carry their own gear haha. Love all the great info here!

Go Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostTue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 am 
Hello, I'm new here, been trying to find a supportive community of hikers where I can sort of show my face but am not obligated to go on every meeting (Meetup.com, for instance). Glad to know there's a place here! Just to introduce myself some, I'm a late-20s single mom to a beautiful and strong-willed 5 year old daughter, I work full time but love to get out any time I'm not chained to my desk! I love photography and nature, born and raised here in Whatcom County but did live in Seattle and Chicago for short bouts. I came home to the gorgeous mountains and vow never to leave again. Currently I'm working my way up to "real" hiking - on a good day I can tackle Fragrance Lake or portions of the Oyster Dome, but often I'm with kiddo at Padden, Tenant Lake, Boulevard, and the like, trying to build her stamina. I'd love to expand kiddo's and my repertoire of hikes beyond the "walk" kind.

"We have one chance, one chance, to get everything right. We have one chance, one chance, and if we're lucky we might." One Chance, Modest Mouse
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostTue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 pm 
Welcome to the site akav8r and LadyAesa. LadyAesa you might be interested in this "trip report". https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7968176&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostWed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 am 
Thanks Markh!

"We have one chance, one chance, to get everything right. We have one chance, one chance, and if we're lucky we might." One Chance, Modest Mouse
DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet
PostThu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 pm 
Hi, My name is Pat. I am 45 and living in the Renton area. I have been hiking since… Well off and on forever, but just started back into it this August. What got me back into hiking was I was on a trip back home to Canada and an old high school buddy invited me go on a hike with him. We hiked to the top of Mount Allan, Alberta. http://hikealberta.com/hike/centennial-pass-mount-allen-trail 5 hours up and 4 down (only two blisters). Since then I have done several hikes here in WA State. Mount Dickerman, Davis Peak, Mount Si, Lake Serene, Lake TwentyTwo and Mount Catherine. I posted a trip report for Davis Peak here http://alltrails.com/trail/us/washington/davis-peak-lookout-trail I just found this forum yesterday so just saying Hi! Anyone up for a hike this weekend? --pat

glenoid

glenoid
PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:26 pm 
It took a year to finally decide to unlurk. Three months to come up with a username. Four hours to figure out flickr. Two hours to learn and then type the correct URL for one picture! Now ten minutes to type this. And I think I will attempt a TR? Well who knows.....I am Cascadetraverse's OLDER (yet wiser) real bro. Taught him all I knew: didn't take long, but at least he is still alive. As I live now near the Blue's they get some of my time, but will still pack the tarp and raingear and go to the dark side to hike.... When my brain stops smoking from just getting on this sight I might even try a TR with pics!!! As I am a confirmed, card carrying, angry, self righteous ludite, this will be a leap unto the scary unknown to me. Until then..Peace, love, and don't talk to me on the trail.....

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 pm 
Welcome DarkHelmet and glenoid!!

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 pm 
Glenoid: Great to have you on board! Hope I don`t have to wait a year for the first post! Likely with me involved.....Looking forward to some self righteous proclaimations and hiking posts from a familiar source! One thing though, since you taught me everything I know, you better agree with me on all my thread wisdom......

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostTue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 pm 
Welcome noobs! Get those kids out hiking! More bigger!!

fox212
lost in the woods...

fox212
lost in the woods...
PostFri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 am 
A very very way uber overdue hello to everyone! I made my account over a year ago when I first moved to the PNW and then proceeded to completely forget about it. down.gif Well, life has calmed down a bit and I have the opportunity to get out and hike more, meet new fellow hikers, etc. Which is exactly what I'd like to do! I would love to do more snow hiking/camping this winter. Nothing too extreme, but I have an ice axe and am looking for some snowshoes and/or crampons. I'm hoping to do some overnighters or 2nighters to get comfortable with my winter gear, as well as day hikes. Anyone up in Whatcom county looking to do some winter backpacking? hit me up!

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostFri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am 
Welcome fox212! I'm in Whatcom county, and a few of us do some winter hiking and backpacking up here in the Chuckanuts and along Mt. Baker Highway. I try to get out every weekend now (preparing for a long trip next August), so if you're thinking of somewhere to go, post in the Partners section and I'm sure one of us will gladly come along!

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostSun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
Because I've never introduced myself... My name is Kelly, and I've fallen in love with hiking. This has been just a great place for me to post my trip reports (because I love to write as well) and I'm always so shocked that people actually read them! I really appreciate having this place to come to and be able to ask anything, and I always get an answer. I'm hoping to come to the social, and actually meet some of you face to face. It's always good to make friends. smile.gif Anyone who lives in the skagit valley and would like to carpool, let me know.

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostMon Nov 26, 2012 12:15 pm 
Welcome Kellbell (Kelly)!! You're fairly close to me (Whatcom county), hope to see you on the trails!!

Captain Wanderlust

Captain Wanderlust
PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 am 
Hi all, I just joined the forums and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a former Washingtonian who moved to central Oregon a little over 10 years ago. I've been in a job for the past 6 years that has limited my ability to enjoy extended (3 nights or longer) hiking trips during the summer months (June-September). But I'm happy to say that, due to an upcoming career change, I will be in a position to take time off ANYTIME during the year! So next summer I'm going to take a week off in July or August so I can do some hiking in the North Cascades region. I've done one hike in the Glacier Peak region, the Spider Meadow-Lyman Lakes loop, which was a wonderful trip. There are other places on my life list of hikes, but I'll start with Washington, my old stomping grounds. See ya out there...

...when arguing with a fool, be sure he is not doing the same...
LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire

LadyÆsa
Surefooted Spitfire
PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 am 
Welcome Captain Wanderlust!!! Hope you enjoy the board!