Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Christmas lights
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kingjoe82

Kingjoe82
PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm 
Does anyone know know any good places to see lots of Christmas lights I'm in the silverdale Area but would not mind an hour trip if its worth it! I know about the zoo light and they were great last year but are their any others?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostSat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm 
http://www.warmbeach.com/lights-of-christmas

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
camut

camut
PostSat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 pm 
The Poulsbo Yacht Club always does a beautiful "floating" light display around the Kitsap Penninsula and Bainbridge Island area close to Christmas. Check out their schedule.

contour5

contour5
PostSat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm 
The Christmas Ships used to be sort of a big deal. It's gotten a bit commercialized perhaps, but still quite an amazing sight. You don't really need to ride on a boat- unless you're carroling- I always enjoyed the view and sound from shore more than being a captive on board... Mathews Beach is a nice place to kick back and watch the boats go by...or Gasworks Park... take chairs and beverages... Here's a schedule and some other links: Christmas Ship Schedule Ships 2 Ships 3 Ships 4 Edit: Gasworks Park, Dec 23; at 9:45 pm is the Grand Finale. This will be the festivus maximus illuminatus of the entire blinking light holiday cycle. Anything could happen here. It's Freemont, after all. On your way from Mathews Beach to Gasworks, there's Candy Cane Lane in the Ravenna neighborhood. Total cheese-a-rama, but if you're just looking for blinking lights, it can provide a bracing, transitory drive-by fix.

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostSat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 pm 
There are two places for zoo lights now. Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma has Zoolights, which my kids always used to like. This year Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle added its own Wildlights. I want to check that one out. I think they have some animal displays open, and its cool to see some of the animals at night. There is also Garden d'Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden. But all of those also charge a fee.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Dec 13, 2020 1:36 am 
I'd like to wish all a happy Holiday season. But, after a little episode last night I'd like to post the following request.... About Christmas lights...those of you putting up Christmas lights I'd like to ask that you refrain from putting up both red and blue flashing lights together. Every time I come around the corner I think it's the sheriff and I have a panic attack. I have to brake suddenly, toss my wine out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn down the radio, and shove the gun under the seat, all while trying to drive. It's just too much to expect even during the Christmas holiday. So thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Dec 14, 2020 8:40 am 
Ski wrote:
I'd like to wish all a happy Holiday season. But, after a little episode last night I'd like to post the following request.... About Christmas lights...those of you putting up Christmas lights I'd like to ask that you refrain from putting up both red and blue flashing lights together. Every time I come around the corner I think it's the sheriff and I have a panic attack. I have to brake suddenly, toss my wine out the window, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn down the radio, and shove the gun under the seat, all while trying to drive. It's just too much to expect even during the Christmas holiday. So thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Well played! I've wondered about the same thing, who in their right mind would put up those light combinations? dizzy.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology