Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Why does the Date Matter in the NWHikers Calendar?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:52 pm 
This has been on my mind for a couple years now. So why does it matter in the calendar if a photo was taken in 2012 or 2010? I know that's the rules which I've been respecting. If I remember right there is a rule against posting photos from the previous year calendar (even if it is in the proper date range) which I totally understand that aspect. It just seems strange to me. I have some really good photos that I have never submitted to the calendar that are better than some of the ones I've submitted. Some that were taken this year but I didn't take the time to look though all of my photos until recently (well almost all of them). Obviously this years calendar is all done with selections. But for the future I wonder why this is?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Dec 07, 2012 3:24 pm 
The very nature of a calendar is ephemeral. They are good for one year, then they are like yesterday's newspaper. I think the rule is in keeping with this. But your question brings up a different point: just as some people do a personal calendar with just their own photos, maybe we should have a "best of the best" calendar, where all pictures are eligible, from previous calendars, or people's picture archives. hmmm.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 07, 2012 3:38 pm 
The idea is to recognize those who get out and hike during the year and take pictures. Somewhat unfair to open it up to the best pictures ever taken. If you don't get out and take pictures you don't get to play. wink.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostMon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 am 
Good answer, Tom. Be a helluva note if I had to try to pick the worst pictures out of a collection of everybody's best. embarassedlaugh.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!