Forum Index > Support & Feedback > PDF or archive view?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 pm 
I like to archive interesting things and store them in Evernote, which allows me to add my own tagging and other organizational aids. It also protects me from stuff disappearing from the internet (although I hope that never happens to nwhikers). Threads on nwhikers are giving me some trouble, and they are also one of the richest sources of information I want to save. Currently, I'm using a "web archive" feature in Yojimbo which does a good job of preserving the layout of the pages. But the one I'd prefer to use, "Clearly" from Evernote, loses a lot of important data like dates and post authors. Is there a feature I'm missing that would let me do this? One solution would be to save a thread as a PDF file. Is there any chance of getting a mod like pdf24 posts-to-pdf added to the site? It would also let me avoid saving every page, but that's a secondary problem. I don't mind if there's a reasonable limit on posts/pdf in that view.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
evergreen199

evergreen199
PostWed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm 
puzzlr wrote:
It would also let me avoid saving every page
If you decide to go the route of printing the threads to a PDF and you want to avoid saving every page you can use the re-paginate add-on for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/repagination/). That will allow you to load the entire post (regardless of how many pages there are) at once.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm 
That pagination plug-in is nice, and I've added it and used it. But these forum pages suck when printed to PDF files. The page breaks are all wrong, and links that span a margin break. I don't need all the interactiion icons in an archive view (reply, quote, ...) What I'm doing works, but I'm hoping for something better.