Forum Index > Trail Talk > Mount Saint Helens to Trout Lake backroads?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jeb
Summit Driven

Jeb
Summit Driven
PostWed Oct 09, 2013 4:23 pm 
After hitting up Saint Helens this friday, some friends and I are heading to the Trout Lake area for some caving. I was looking at the backroads between and was hoping someone might shed some light on the conditions and any possible gates we might encounter along the way I am looking at 2 options, both start by heading east on NF-90 then south on the Wind River Rd. From there, the first, and shorter route takes Carson Guler Rd past Goose Lake. If we can make it to goose lake, I am confident we will get where we are going. The other option adds 25 miles to the trip by continuing on Wind River rd to Hwy 14, then takes 141 north through trout lake. Any inside info on either route would be much appreciated!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostWed Oct 09, 2013 11:13 pm 
The Carson - Guler Road is the way to go. It's gravel for a long stretch between Panther Creek and Peterson Prairie, but it's a well graded main haul road, so there shouldn't be any problem going across there. It doesn't get high enough that the snow we've had recently should be an issue.

Jeb
Summit Driven

Jeb
Summit Driven
PostSat Oct 26, 2013 10:14 pm 
Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion, on the Carson-Guler road, it got us where we needed to go and saved at least 50 miles from the only other option we were certain of.