Forum Index > Trip Reports > Golden Horn, Tower, Holliway, Mt. Hardy, and Straight Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostMon Sep 02, 2002 8:20 pm 
These peaks and highpoints were climbed over the three day weekend. Our camp for two nights was at Snowy Lakes. This beautiful setting at 6800 feet for years was the cover photo for one of Harvey Mannings books. We climbed Tower and Golden Horn on the first day. Both of these peaks are Bulger peaks (amoung the tallest 100 in WA). The next day we climbed Holliway being the 6th party to visit this peak since the register was placed in 1981. We were then off for the highpoint of Straight Ridge across Tower Creek. On the last day I climbed Mt. Hardy while my partner climbed another peak in the area. A mist surrounded us for the last day and raingear was put on for a short while. It was the prelude to the first significant rain of the season.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RajunCajun

RajunCajun
PostTue Sep 03, 2002 1:51 pm 
nice one mike! golden horn and tower are on my list... there's no mistaking golden horn from a distance. way to tick off those top 100's this year wink.gif i was told that hardy is a nice snowshoe ascent in the spring right up from hwy20... what do you think?

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostTue Sep 03, 2002 3:08 pm 
It would be better in the spring. The route up from SR 20 is a loose rock/dirt/gravel pile which is miserable on the upclimb and unpleasant going down.