Forum Index > Food & Grub > Five Guys
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fox212
lost in the woods...

fox212
lost in the woods...
PostThu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm 
I think 5 guys' burgers are mediocre...but I do like their fries. +1 on Win's in Bellingham, but I think there is a better burger to be had in Whatcom county. Two, in fact. First, Good Burger on the Guide Meridian (between Bham and Lynden). Small burger joint run by a friendly old lady. My burger was excellent, cooked on a huge cast-iron flat top. The burger had just the right amount of "crust." the fries were great too. Second, the steak burger from Herb Neimann's Steak and Schnitzel house in Everson (yes, Everson). Mmmmmmm....This is the best burger I can remember eating. You order it, choosing your preferred doneness of course, then they grind the 27-day-aged-in-house-custom-cut beef and grill/charbroil it. Careful on the doneness request, they really don't agree with medium-well and well-done lol.gif Quite often it's Herb himself doing the grilling. He's a riot. And his burger is the best. burger. ever.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed May 01, 2013 10:07 am 
There is a 5 guys close to where I work up in Canyon Park. I seem to find myself there once or twice a month (I don't eat out much at lunch anyway). Well they now have a more civilized size of fries called a Baby Fry (still more fries than a large order of fries at other fast food places). At least now you can leave without having to loosen up your belt and punch another hole.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm 
SCOOTERS in ballard...oh my g**%....frikkin ate one for breakfast!!! they hav been around for awhile...has anyone tried SMOKING PETE'S BBQ on 65th in ballard?

wakerobin

wakerobin
PostWed May 15, 2013 9:33 pm 
Zippy's in White Center. Q13 just voted them #1 best burger. They also make a good black bean burger if red meats not your thing.

Between the silence of the mountains and the crashing of the sea...
tigermn

tigermn
PostFri May 17, 2013 8:29 am 
wakerobin wrote:
They also make a good black bean burger if red meats not your thing.
Not sure how much real "red meat" is actually in a hamburger clown.gif

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri May 17, 2013 4:21 pm 
I pretty much avoid burgers unless I grind them myself, too many nasty pathogens out there and I do not like them burned to a crisp. Actually prefer steaks as they can be sealed on the outside and red inside the way I like them. tongue.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
touron

touron
PostSat Sep 14, 2013 12:36 pm 
I stopped by Five Guys the other day to try a burger. First, a minor quibble. It was not five guys. There were actually three guys and two ladies, so they should change their name to Three Guys and Two Gals and start being truthful about their company. Burgers: The burgers were good. Drinks: The coke machine made me feel like a touron. uhh.gif Misc: The meal was served in a brown paper bag. I would have preferred a tray or basket. Music: Two songs I didn't know plus Styx Come Sail Away rockband.gif Service: friendly and helpful burger.gif drink.gif hungry.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
tigermn

tigermn
PostSun Sep 15, 2013 8:11 am 
Yea that's about it. I have one close to where I work in Bothell and usually wander in every couple of weeks when I want a good gut bomb. Yea a tray would be nice but they give you so many extra fries they don't fit in the cup so they fill the bottom of the bag. I'm used to it so not a big deal. Yea it seems they all have the 100+ type of pop machine now. At least you have choices. lol.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 am 
There is a Five Guys near my office -- my team went there a few times soon after they opened -- but we realized that we were all failing asleep in the afternoons from "too much food effect". So now only after a big hiking day and I want to collapse into bed.

EJ

EJ
PostThu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 pm 
Randy's comment reminds me of this

meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostSat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 am 
Hah I love this sushi is a killer for lunch at work, guaranteed nap time by 2