Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Is your cairn spying on you?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostFri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 pm 
paranoid.gif I do not trust them. They stand there motionless, sentries to the wilderness, supposedly, but I always feel like they are watching me. Sometimes I turn around and I will see a cairn behind me that I swear had not been there before. Or there will be one high above on the ridge, but when I crest the ridge I cannot find it anywhere.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cairn builder

cairn builder
PostSat Jan 18, 2014 6:40 pm 
You weren't supposed to notice! Back to the drawing board, I guess.

wolffie

wolffie
PostSat Jan 18, 2014 11:46 pm 
In Canyonlands, the faces in the hoodoos are always staring at me. It makes me nervous. I can't stare them down. It makes me feel so creepy that I panic, and run off naked in the dark screaming. Nobody notices; they think I'm a coyote.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostSun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 am 
touron wrote:
paranoid.gif I do not trust them. They stand there motionless, sentries to the wilderness, supposedly, but I always feel like they are watching me. Sometimes I turn around and I will see a cairn behind me that I swear had not been there before. Or there will be one high above on the ridge, but when I crest the ridge I cannot find it anywhere.
FOOL! didn't you know the NSA is responsible for all of those? Wait until you spot drones swooping low over the ridge trail you happen to be cruising along...you will know, for certain.... It's NOT paranoia when they're really out to get you hockeygrin.gif

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
touron

touron
PostSun Jan 19, 2014 12:22 pm 
The pieces of the puzzle start to fall together. I always wondered why there were always three times more cairns than needed to mark a trail. Well, think about it, doh.gif , you need three antennas to triangulate a position. Three shifty-eyed cairns can no exactly where you are and transmit said location to central intelligence. Oh, and did you know that NSA can also stand for National Stones Arranging? And wolfie, you may think no one notices you, but if you ever stop in the Canyonlands and read Newspaper Rock, you will discover that the naked coyote actually has gotten a lot of press.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.