Forum Index > Partners > Need weekend hiking partners- South King
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
patrickb87
hello internet

patrickb87
hello internet
PostTue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 pm 
Hey NW Hikers- I've posted a few times in the trip organization but mostly on a short notice kind of basis; I'd really like to find a few hiking partners local to split gas costs with; I have reliable transportation but my economic situation doesn't warrant me spending a tank of gas in the mountains every weekend. I'm a fulltime worker, I backpack a bit when I have time; I think I hiked around 300 miles last year with the average length/gain being like 10miles/2kft give or take per outing. I'm a fairly experienced snowshoer and tend to gravitate towards Rainier/Olympics/South Cascades and Teanaway stuff.. I avoid i90 stuff. So this is I guess useful to anyone that wants to get out, but lacks transportation etc, looking to split costs and meet new folks and enjoy this really unusual winter we are having. heres a link to my trips from this past year: http://walkaboot.org/pics/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sryan

sryan
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 pm 
Hi there! I too am interested in finding some people to mosey around nature with in the area. I moved to NE Tacoma last fall (not from far away) and don't know many people in the area that are available to get out for some hikes. I'm in school full time but get out pretty much every weekend, either around here or the Olympics. Being in school I, too, have a hard time spending most my money on gas...but adventures must be had! smile.gif www.stumpystray.blogspot.com is me, although I don't keep it up very often. I also have a pair of new snowshoes that I need to break in ASAP! Although I wouldn't say I'm really experienced. I was thinking Sunday! (I broke mine on Mt St Helens a few weeks back)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message