Forum Index > Partners > think I am having a mental break-down.WHO WANTS TO GO HIKIN?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 pm 
ok so this so funny and NOT at the same time...had to go to the hospital for chest pains, and ekg a week and half ago! just a friggin stressfull 2 weeks, nightmares wtih a fun 3-4 hrs. sleep nightly...lack of sleep triggers some bad stuff... friggin BRUTAL... eek.gif finally back to mee old self as u can tell with my recent posts, and the melatonin has helped with sleep... thought the title here is funny....don't know how people deal with that crap on a regular basis...hiking and outdoor sports has always kept me mentally healthy...doc. offered some mild medication for depression but declined.... hav had smallish anxiety attacks years ago, but wow!...had to tell my 2 roomates to shut the #** up and if they wanted to talk to me write a friggin note to me.... sigh... so no disrepect to anyone here going through all that....my roomate is on mild meds, and I feel for her!...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm 
Hike more, eat fewer burgers and fast food, meditation, anger management...or just do like me, cuss a lot, yell, and break things as needed. dell.gif Hope things improve Bro'

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 3:31 am 
My brother is schizophrenic. I've learned not to take mental health for granted. Watch your self on those anxiety attacks. Don't hesitate to seek help. That said you seem to know what's good for your soul. Take a hike.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
n16ht5

n16ht5
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 am 
valarian root before bed, 2-4 pills. amazing stuff... takes a few days to take full effect. if you ski tour you can catch a ride on my sled up to baker this friday, mr big talk "riverboarder" wink.gif

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 4:08 pm 
thanks all!...worked some and that is good therapy also...

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 6:51 pm 
Hey gnomeee, if you have a mental breakdown please video it and post a link to the video. Thanks in advance.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 pm 
YES I will mr. big stevie.....Aparently it comes with a free side order of turretts....or just talking to yourself...sigh....

mtnman4ever

mtnman4ever
PostThu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 am 
I'm in school 5 days a week...feels like work when I see Rainier creeping around the clouds. Going home today was amazing the snow is still on the trees due to the cold temps...and with the sun reflecting off of them..

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostThu Feb 06, 2014 11:20 am 
If I didn't hike, I'd spend the entire weekend in bed (and this is the better "on meds" me). Having someone to talk to helps as well. If you have insurance and it's covered, consider some therapy sessions to help you work out what's at the root of the anxiety.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin