Forum Index > Food & Grub > Alpine Sandwiches (.com)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hiker1

hiker1
PostSat Feb 15, 2014 12:07 am 
Yes, a website for posting photos of your fave sandwiches, no boring sandwiches please, and only up in the alpine. www.alpinesandwiches.com Sample from Crystal Mtn WA
Quote:
Jalapeno cheese sourdough bread, layers of mozarella, vermont cheddar AND sharp cheddar add a big layer of sliced jalapeņos, sliced tomatoes, a sprankling of sweet peppers and piled high with oven roasted turkey.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 8:10 pm 
is it ok if they are all from a certain deli in Van Zandt? biggrin.gif

hiker1

hiker1
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:20 am 
PorcupinePhobia wrote:
is it ok if they are all from a certain deli in Van Zandt? biggrin.gif
Well, I thought they were supposed to be your special recipe, but if the VZ ones are in a special category, and deserving of being brought up to the alpine, then maybe. BTW pardon my ignorance, but what certain VZ deli...? Or is everybody supposed to know?

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 pm 
Can't tell if serious question, or good pun... As it is called the Everybody's Store. huh.gif

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 pm 
No hot toasted sandwiches? huh.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
hiker1

hiker1
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 pm 
PorcupinePhobia wrote:
Can't tell if serious question, or good pun... As it is called the Everybody's Store. huh.gif
Even though I never heard of the store, it was easy to find since VZ is not exactly as large as Seattle, and Everybody's is probably the best known store there. But I wasn't sure so that's why I tried a pun. I'll have to go sometime, but it's 2 miles off the Mt Baker Hwy so probably not when I'm on my way to a trailhead on the north side of Baker. Hulk: How would you keep the sandwiches hot in your pack until you got to your lunch break stop?

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 pm 
If i can manage hot pizza in the wilderness i'm pretty sure ya can toast a sandwich too.
Wilderness Pizza
Wilderness Pizza

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
If i can manage hot pizza in the wilderness i'm pretty sure ya can toast a sandwich too.
I guess if you were going on a multi-day trip then that would work for the first day's lunch. But bringing all that stove, fuel etc. wouldn't make sense for lunch on a day hike. Too much time to get it going, and the weight. But a couple of years ago on a hike to the Ice Caves I met another hiker at the end of the main trail by the caves who brought a stove etc. for his lunch. Maybe it was you.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 pm 
That is serious sandwich dedication. I usually pack a stove when I'm with the kids.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri Feb 21, 2014 1:45 am 
So on the ice caves trail i would not bother packing much. Otherwise i typically carry emergency shelter and enough food for two days even on day hike. So yes i usually have a stove even on a day hike. It's not that heavy.