Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Satsop River Music Festival
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Mar 07, 2014 11:24 pm 
What great stories! And we can still sort of remember them...one of my friends and I went to the first Sky River Festival with some guy she met named "Magic Michael". Great music! I can't remember exactly how we got to Satsop, but I'll never forget the rain and mud and again, the great music. Then, we hitchhiked with the Love Family to the very first Rainbow Gathering in Rocky Mt. National Park. Rode in the back of a pickup all the way from Salt Lake City to the Gathering. Got a little windburn, not to mention sunburn! My best friend went with some other people and got thrown in jail in Salt Lake City. Had to call her lawyer dad to bail her out. She's a government official now. Most memorable trip was piling seven people into a little Toyota or something like that and driving straight through to San Francisco to see Santana perform at a little tiny venue called Winterland. Could have reached out and touched him. Again, the music was great! My kids are totally dumbfounded when they hear these stories!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
venom

venom
PostSat Mar 08, 2014 9:12 pm 
I oft sit and wonder how our great country went to hell... then I read threads like this and it becomes crystal clear. Idiots. shakehead.gif

HalFonts

HalFonts
PostWed Jul 01, 2015 4:42 pm 
I too was there, came by motorcycle (Honda Dream 250) from Seattle. I remember well "The Watermelon Truck" -- a grossly unfortunate event that went horribly wrong. Overall The Festival was fantastic, thousands of tents on the hill facing the stage, mud-pit in front, river to the west. Totally Awesome Trip. I've been looking for a list of bands -- so I can remember what happened in the pleasant fog of sweet memories.

HalFonts

HalFonts
PostWed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 pm 
@Venom: How come you such a grouch? I can't think of any better times in my 7-decades long adventurous life. Go for it, and don't be so judgemental -- til you've lived fully you've got little to say that's relevant.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed Jul 01, 2015 4:54 pm 
I was at both. Led Zeppelin was at Sky Valley. Some fun rock bands all around. Days of drugs, sex, and rock & roll.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
analogkid

analogkid
PostSat Jul 04, 2015 10:59 am 
The EMP has some pretty good memorabilia from the Sky River festivals, and others that took place in this area. What a time that must have been.

HalFonts

HalFonts
PostSat Jul 04, 2015 3:25 pm 
Good idea -- the EMP in Seattle. I would hope that yhey would have historic stuff from the local period music archives. I'm guessing Jimmy Hendrix would have been there, but maybe not -- I miss him much. Good times, good community back thent