Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Vintage video of Herb Crisler in the Olympic Mountains
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
timberline244

timberline244
PostSat Mar 01, 2014 1:08 pm 
Ancient Ambler, Thanks for posting all of this, And the links to the "Crisler/McQuade 1973 Expedition". I am interested in any other Crisler trail encounters, or information/GPS coordinates of Crisler Campsites. Contact info for the McQuade Family or info on the Film, "Mountain Man". I am just coming up to speed on the Crisler films, and wonder if there are any remaining copies at ONP, the University, Disney or any other sources. Thanks for all your great pics and Beta....

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
reststep

reststep
PostSun Mar 02, 2014 1:09 pm 
Thanks Greg. I really enjoyed the youtube video. In the winter Lois and Herb would tour around the country giving presentations about their adventures filming in the high country. I can remember our family attended these a couple of times in Bremerton. I believe Lois did the narration. I was young at the time and cannot remember much about them. I believe this may have been before they hooked up with Disney.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
hikermike

hikermike
PostFri Mar 07, 2014 10:06 pm 
Wonderful, campy and timely/timeless film. Why didn't it get picked up? (Lose the sound tract though, not even appropriate for 40's, much less '73 or even now!)

Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostMon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm 
Does anyone know what ever happened to Don McQuade? An internet search brings up basically zilch.

timberline244

timberline244
PostMon Mar 10, 2014 2:48 pm 
Mr McQuade's film production company was named, "McQ Productions". I can't find much on it but am currently doing research on the full length film, & slideshow Mr McQuade presented to Herb.

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John Muir
Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostWed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 am 
More Crisler video: http://vimeo.com/2396095 No sound. First 10 minutes is fairly interesting, last 10 minutes not so much.

Dharmabum

Dharmabum
PostThu Jun 22, 2017 2:18 pm 
Here is a link to a teaser for the Exploration NW Bailey Range show. I can say if you can dig up the dvd someplace it's worth a look. I checked it our @ the Pierce County Library.
RumiDude is correct that while Crisler is featured in the Exploration NW video the Exploration NW party did not run into him as Crisler's traverse in 1973 took place shortly after there's. Both Jimmy James and another hiker by the name of Louie Stanton are featured proximately in the video and according to the credits planned the trip. James wife, son Jimmy James Jr. along with Louie Stanton son also a Jr. also were on the trip. Were the James and the Stanton's prominent in the hiking community during the time the show aired?