Forum Index > Partners > Looking for a backpacking partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jeannette

jeannette
PostFri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 am 
Good morning! I am a school teacher who is looking to make the most of the summer. I am experienced in backpacking and like to put in long days of hiking and travel light. I like to get an early start. I could be ready starting this Sunday or Monday July 21/22. A couple of places I have not done are Goat Rocks and areas around the Enchantments. I know the Enchantments require permits however I hear there are other beautiful spots around Icicle Creek Road. I am in the North Sound area(Skagit) I am middle aged however a youthful middle aged woman . Any one interested out there? I am flexible with regards to time. I like to put in 15 to 20 miles a day. Open to any age.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
NWCrone

NWCrone
PostTue Jul 23, 2013 3:30 pm 
Still looking for a backpacking partner? I am. My hiking buddy isn't now available. I was hoping for a 4-5 day hike, Aug. 21-26, making the most of summer high country hikes w/o snow. I'm looking at Copper Ridge Loop above Hannegan Pass. McAlister Creek - Rainbow Lake Loop out of Bridge Creek near Rainy Pass, Thunder Basin from Colonial Campgrounds. But, am open to other possibilities, especially if I haven't done them previously.

I have a passion for backpack trips, wanting to hike as long as I have strength, energy & health. I'm a strong & capable hiker for 8-12 mi days, able to carry weight. NWCrone.
Love Hiking

Love Hiking
PostTue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am 
Janette, I also am a teacher! I need a hiking partner for the Enchantments for August 6-8. My group has to work. I saw this may be a hike you are interested in. I have 3 openings!! So anyone that wants to join me would be great! I know it is last minute but that is how it works sometimes I guess. Happy hiking :-)

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:00 pm 
I am a teacher also. I backpack every week during the summer and then weekends until early fall. After that, it's day hiking/snowshoeing.

wildbill44

wildbill44
PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:17 pm 
It is still very early in the year !! I am in "vision stage" of a 2-3 week hike not to be forgotten. Am a Midwest Flatlander but have solo hiked Wonderland 3+ times, JMT 3+, Winds, Rockies and Tetons. Am a 10-15-18? mile/day hiker, taking time for flowers, bugs, photos - and morning coffee smile.gif Have hiked in groups other places but it seems groups turn into us-thems and it seems I end up carrying two packs. It would be great to have a hiking "buddy" / partner. Gender unimportant. Honest! Have wonderful spouse. I am: 66 y/o, 190#, 6-foot, strong, and will be ready. Former biology teacher and lab guy. Have gear, including satellite link (inReach). Have hiked a PCT section north of Stevens Pass after turn-back trying to get into Napeaqua. Might be nice to get to Stehekin (or further) and take the Chelan boat back to Wanatchee? Goat Rocks? Anyplace else nice? I really like treeless ridges - especially when flower strewn! Timing is open but rather early summer than late.

the1mitch

the1mitch
PostMon Jan 20, 2014 10:01 am 
You sound like me. 59 y.o., teacher,lots of experience .I want to circumnavigate Glacier Peak this summer. Interested? I still do overnight winter stuff as well as the longer warmer trips with light wgt setup. I tarp mostly and have good skills/gear. Creaky knees on days 3 and 4 will need to be taken into account by understanding partner.

illegitimi non carborundum!
SmilingGoodTimes

SmilingGoodTimes
PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:33 pm 
Jeannette, if you are still looking for hiking partners, I am trying to find a couple hiking buddies to experience the Enchantments. I'm not a 15-20 mile a day hiker however. I want to enjoy it all and like taking nice pictures, and may take in some float tube fly fishing on some days to end the day. Anyhow, just wanting to connect with anyone that enjoys hiking and looking for buddies to hike with. Kris

Lazy Hen

Lazy Hen
PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm 
I definitely DID NOT flag anything as spam. I wouldn't know how. How did this happen?

Lazy Hen

Lazy Hen
PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:52 pm 
Somehow your post got flagged as spam, reportedly by me. NOT! I don't know what that was about. Anyway, I'm looking for a companion for longer trips, Copper Ridge might be a good one. I was thinking of Mt. Hood to Columbia river on the PCT the first week of August. Would you be interested in that?

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm 
I'm still interested in finding reliable, compatible midweek backpacking partners for the summer. I am stuck with just weekends the rest of the year but tend to get out every single weekend. I normally do around 10 miles and 3000 gain with pack per day - tend to do 3 nights out - will do more mileage and gain without a pack. Most elevation gain in one day with full pack = 6200 feet. Hoping to get to Ice Lakes and Goat Rocks area for sure this summer.