Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Any divers out there?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mtngoat2674

mtngoat2674
PostWed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 pm 
I haven't been around much, mostly because I've spent much of the last year under water! Wondering if any of you folks have an interest in scuba diving? I'm looking for general dive and travel buddies for future trips. Any experience level is fine. I'll try to poke my head in more often! Hey to all the people I haven't seen or talked to in a while!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
like2thruhike

like2thruhike
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 4:31 am 
I snorkeled in Lake Washington a few weeks ago. Shore dive, shallow and only lasted an hour due to cold hands. Seemed unusually cold because I can spend 3-4 hours down there. Like checking out the turtles and fish. I also collect broken bottles so Seafair viewers don't accidently step on them like a friend of mine once did. Lots of glass in the lake..... Great vis until summer comes. Too bad there's all that milfoil though. Hate that stuff. Creeps me out. I'd be up for local or alpine lakes once the weather warms up. I mainly go to Lake WA but have been to Merritt Lake and Rustin. Eager to try new places. Not scuba certified and never tried it but have just about all the gear. Actually, I really enjoy snorkeling, even in winter. Lots to see in the shallows! Good leg workout too.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 6:16 pm 
hey! pm me when u get over to the west/seattle.....am trying to put a trip together for NEAH BAY with a couple of boats....it's amazing... I am getting back into diving, so am back to beginner/intermediate and looking for simple dives... up.gif

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSat Mar 22, 2014 4:21 am 
Sorry Goat, I was certified when I was a kid but sold my gear when I moved to Montana/Wyoming. I'm a whitewater enthusiast now and if I entered into another gear intensive hobby my wife and dog would leave me for sure. bawl.gif bawl.gif bawl.gif

Brucester

Brucester
PostTue Apr 19, 2016 4:21 pm 
Been itching to get back in the water. Only one dip in the water last year. Bought some new snorkeling fins. My diving fins were reminding me with leg crams how I need to stretch more often.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Apr 20, 2016 8:35 am 
hmm tmat...check out "riverboarding the skykomish river"...on u-tube... river rescue gear so your self-rescueing yourself every 30 second or so!! lol.gif lol.gif

mtngoat2674

mtngoat2674
PostWed Apr 20, 2016 12:28 pm 
I saw that! Looks like a blast!

Brucester

Brucester
PostWed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm 
That looks like fun. I've done class3 in a solo canoe but you're not emersed in nature like this river boarding is. I'd be into that.

Badger

Badger
PostWed Apr 20, 2016 4:32 pm 
I would love to learn to dive. Snorkeled my entire life until I moved to WA. Was going to get certified a few years ago but work took over life and I let the drive slip away. Reading about Lake WA, Alpine lakes, and diving has renewed my interest. I live in west Seattle- Any good recommendations where a complete rookie can go?

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Apr 25, 2016 9:29 am 
go see craig gilespie...at seattle scuba...on westlake ave. next to china harbour restaurant (THERE IS A POOL UNER THE RESTAURANT).. his is the 2-3 pool sessions and then 2 dives sat and sunday. plus u don't have to spend 250$ for mask fins snorkel at the shop.... yep will let peeps know about riverboarding this year, lucky if I get to go 3-4 times

Brucester

Brucester
PostMon May 02, 2016 6:03 pm 
Not really a hiking trip report so I'll post this here. Nice day in Lake Washington! Blue bird sky and 86 degrees?!!!
Pre dive salmon pasta from Leschi Deli. Awesome! up.gif
Just messing around with some new stuff. I bought these swim fins, a waterproof zip baggie for my $335 car key and a Nikon AW100 camera I wanted to try out. They all worked well. The fins aren't intended for use with booties so the fit wasn't the best but they worked. Saw this family before heading into the water.
Spent some time messing around with the fin straps. They pulled out of the part that attaches to the fin itself. Kind of a pain. Happened twice.
The water had warm and cold spots. Visibility not as good as in January that's for sure. Lots of stuff in the water. Eventually took off my gloves because it's impossible to use the camera with them and I took my hood off as well. Not bad, but still pretty chilly.