Forum Index > Partners > Weekday hiking partner for mom with pack baby
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MamaZupke
hikin w hubs+kid+dog

MamaZupke
hikin w hubs+kid+dog
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 pm 
Hello! I am a mom to a toddler (and Siberian Husky smile.gif ) and am looking for a hiking partner, preferably a fellow mama, for weekday hikes. My hubs doesn't want me to hike by myself and I've yet to find someone to go with me on a regular basis. I'm a former college athlete and can hike 3ish miles/hour with my toddler on my back. I'm game for woodsy hikes or climbs as long as I can get in a workout and the dog can stretch her legs. Here is a trip report of mine from August: http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report.2013-08-02.7438550993 I am a substitute teacher so I do work on weekdays on occasion but they are scheduled ahead if time. I prefer to not drive more than 2 hours so Stevens Pass/Mountain Loop hikes are most preferable. Thanks for reading!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 10:25 pm 
Maybe! I have a nearly four year old, so I may not always hike that speed and I have a dog as well. Daughter's in preschool, so that affects our availability, but no naps for me to work around. Afternoons work best for us due to preschool, but I'm wide open the days she's off. We're in the Bellevue area, and I wouldn't want long drives either, and probably wouldn't want to go farther north than hwy 2. I've hiked with HikerMama in the past - and hope to again this year - too. I don't know about her availability, but she and her kids are great to hike with as well! ~Tiffany

MamaZupke
hikin w hubs+kid+dog

MamaZupke
hikin w hubs+kid+dog
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 pm 
Sweet! I don't necessarily need to hike fast but I can. smile.gif Glad to 'meet' you and hopefully we can set something up!

Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostSun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 pm 
You are just like I was about 10 years ago! smile.gif I have 2 kids, age 11 and 7. We are always looking for hiking partners. We do long and short hikes. We usually go on Fridays during the school year (we do an alternative school/ homeschool arrangement) but during the summer have more flexibility. I hiked with my kiddos from infancy on up. We also do camping and birding and just bumming around trips. I do go alone with my kids now that they are old enough they won't immediately die if something happens to me, but when they were babies and toddlers I felt better having someone with me. Feel free to PM me when you want to get out, and I'll try to remember to invite you along sometimes, too.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com