Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Microsoft Word problem
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostSat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 am 
I often have multiple Word files open as I'm working. The documents I'm not looking at are still available in tabs at the bottom of my screen (called a toolbar, I think), so I can just click on them and bring them right back up instead of going into my C drive and opening them all over again. Yesterday, Word started closing the file I'm viewing if I open another. That is, it won't keep the original file open in a tab any longer. It just closes out or "replaces" my current file if I open a new one. How do I fix this? I've tried searching "options" and the "help" menu to no avail.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
touron

touron
PostSat Mar 22, 2014 10:39 am 
A wild guess and probably wrong, but if you right click on the Task Bar and then click Properties, and then in the resulting window click the middle tab, Start Menu, there are two boxes to check. One says "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar". Is that checked?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Mar 22, 2014 6:57 pm 
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostMon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm 
Also, there are Microsoft Word (and Excel etc) forums in the Internet with loads of knowledgeable people that are very willing to respond to questions like this. It's been a while since I've used one, but I once had a question about doing word-merge documents using Word and received a response within less than 30 minutes. Sorry I can't give you the link, but if you google something like "microsoft word help forum", it shouldn't take you long to track one down.

trestle

trestle
PostMon Mar 24, 2014 1:14 pm 
I've had the same problem start recently but more with Excel than Word. And yes, I do have all the right boxes checked on Task Bar settings and in Office settings. Weird. I blame the folks in California.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode