Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > March Madness anyone?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm 
Almost thru the first round. Handful of upsets so far. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Duke lose early, so all is good. Except my 2 favorite teams have to play each other in the next round.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Mar 23, 2014 10:36 pm 
Really? There have to be some college basketball fans out there. Down to the Sweet 16 now.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Mar 24, 2014 12:50 am 
I am a fan, but it is over too quickly....especially since I work most weekends, so miss many of the games, although I do have the final 4 weekend off and the Championship game on Monday. up.gif BTW, we are in need of a couple of players for the spring session, drop in adults over 30 at Ingraham HS in Shoreline. $45 for the quarter, low skill level preferred.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Mar 24, 2014 3:40 pm 
I know we have a bunch of Seahawks fans here, a long ongoing thread about them or the NFL in general. College bball is by far and away my favorite sport, and this 3 week period during March and early April is absolutely the zenith of the sporting world in my mind. Huskies haven't been very good for several years, maybe that's tempering some of the local enthusiasm.

trestle

trestle
PostWed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm 
I enjoy the tournament every year. The worst part about losing the Kingdome was losing our venue for NCAA tourney games. Pulling for T. Izzo and MSU but I don't really care as long as anybody beats Kentucky and their sham of a coach.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 pm 
Seattle might not ever get the Final 4 again. Key Arena hosted 1st and 2nd round games in '99 and '04 (I went to both of those) and after a long hiatus finally gets to host again next year.

trestle

trestle
PostWed Mar 26, 2014 4:17 pm 
We used to host Regionals and Final 4s. We sat behind Bill Russell and Alvin Attles at the Regionals in '88 and overheard some great comments. Terrible venue for a bball game but it was still fun. First and second round action at the Key isn't really the same but I'd still love to go. Glad to see us hosting again even if the salad days of Bob Walsh are over. The 1985 NCAA Men's soccer championship was a helluva game also. 8 overtimes, no shoot-outs, and a 1-0 victory for UCLA. Awesome times. Shoot-outs are for wimps.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm 
I've never had the pleasue of attending a regional final or a Final 4. That would be a thrill. Key Arena hosted the women's volleyball Final 4 this year and got a good turnout, hopefully it will come back eventually. I was out of town for the semi final and after the Huskies got demolished I lost my enthusiasm for trying to catch the finale.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:27 pm 
Yikes, Arizona just about gave me a heart attack tonight, but they pulled it out and moved on to the Elite 8. Only team from the West left now.

iron

iron
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 9:05 pm 
damn, wisconsin was so close. refs seemed biased to me for UK. so did the announcer that said a shove to the face shouldn't be a T (or flagrant). d-bag!

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 pm 
I somewhat tuned out when Arizona lost. I really don't like Kentucky or UConn, so I will definitely skip watching the Championship game. I can't even remember the last time I did that. I didn't watch either of the semi finals today. IMHO Kentucky is absolutely killing college basketball. Each year they bring in 5 new one and done "mercenaries." Makes an absolute mockery of the notion of student athletes. Plenty of schools have players leave early for the draft, but nobody else has almost the entire team leave on a yearly basis like Kentucky does. Disgusting. But they've been in the Championship game 2 of the last 3 years, so I guess the ends justifies the means.

trestle

trestle
PostSun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 pm 
UK has always been the dearth of college basketball. From the blatant bigotry of Adolph Rupp to the despicable John Calipari, the program has long been a cyst on the face of college athletics.