Forum Index > Trail Talk > E-mail campaign to open Pilchuck Road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hayduke

Hayduke
PostWed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 pm 
Gwen wrote:
moonspots wrote:
And it might be effective to note in any written correspondence that as a "public servant", HE (effectively) works for YOU.
Peter Forbes is a good guy; no need to take that sort of tactic with him. (I know *I* would find it quite condescending.) Email from me forthcoming. Thanks for the head's up. (I was just wondering about the road yesterday as I sat in the southbound I-5 parking lot starting at out Pilchuck friend.)
Yep, no need to be a jerk to Peter Forbes. He wants people to be able to get out on the forest as much as we want to get out there, but there is only so much he can do.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
TimJJohnson

TimJJohnson
PostWed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 pm 
Thank very much for the reply!

Tim J Johnson
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 pm 
n16ht5 wrote:
I asked him if we can get it designated as a snow park, with a sign that could easily be moved with the usual "no wheeled vehicles beyond this point". That would keep the walk/skin up to the snow line, which would be really nice. He said he might look into it... If this sounds like a good idea to you email him to push for this please.
I think the problem with this would be the lack of parking. Also,thte local yahoos aren't known to be respectful of postings; they'll drive wherever the damn well please of they can, including bashing locked gates open (which is why we have the current winter closure all the way athe the Heather Lake TH). So yeah, the idea might be worth a shot, but don't be surprised (or pissed off) if the answer is a "no."

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am 
It does not good to get a vehicle/driver description and destructive activity, with out photo's or video. You have noting to worry about Mr Krylon Flat Black mid 70's Ford Pickup, with a very distinctive red zz top like beard, i did not get photos mad.gif I'm about to resort to setting up some trail cams to capture some of the stupid hijinks some of the Yahoos have been pulling.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
DaveS

DaveS
PostSat Apr 19, 2014 12:12 am 
Mt. Pilchuck Road is now open. On Friday, I drove to within 1/2 mile of the summer trailhead.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSat Apr 19, 2014 12:33 am 
party.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential