Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > High times at the Headwaters Pub at Lake Wenatchee
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm 
I was car camping around Lake Wenatchee this weekend and happened to get involved in an impromptu social gathering. A lot of talk was about the Headwaters Pub and Restaurant getting selected as one of the places to sell legal weed. I am getting this second hand but they said it was in a Seattle paper. That means the 59er Dinner better upgrade their menu or be ready to lose the hip crowd! I also drove up the Chiwawa River road to do a recon. It is gated at the end of the pavement (about 10 miles up) with a few patches of snow just before the gate.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wolffie

wolffie
PostMon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm 
A friend frpm California was working in Chelan last fall. He walked into the sheriff's office asking for information, like, "Hi, I'm from California. I heard that Washington just voted to legalize recreational marijuana, and I'm wondering what the deal is? Is this already in effect? Can people just buy it and use it legally now?" He actually walked into the sheriff's office to ask where he could score some weed. Just for fun, presumably.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Conifers

Conifers
PostMon May 19, 2014 1:42 pm 
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue May 20, 2014 11:41 am 
HitTheTrail wrote:
A lot of talk was about the Headwaters Pub and Restaurant getting selected as one of the places to sell legal weed.
Smoking out on the deck I suppose. Actually, I question selling booze and pot together. It can be a bad combination for some people. I'll be extra carefull driving out there from Coles Corner. Expect the State Patrol to double down on highway patrols.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostTue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm 
Snowbrushy wrote:
Actually, I question selling booze and pot together.
I am completely surprised the state would allow pot sales in a bar at all. Unless the people who own the Headwaters Pub just have the license and are forced to sell it in another facility. I am not sure legal pot sales will make the locals and/or tourists around Lake Wenatchee any more or less dangerous. That lethal combination has been common around there for a long time. Also, the junction at Coles Corner has some horrendous accidents even when people are straight and alert. I am always more vigilant when I enter or exit highway 207.

wolffie

wolffie
PostThu May 29, 2014 11:17 am 
HitTheTrail wrote:
I am completely surprised the state would allow pot sales in a bar at all.
Just you wait. Costco will procure another private initiative so they can sell it in industrial quantities alongside their pallets of hard liquor. The prophet speaketh.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostThu May 29, 2014 11:48 am 
wolffie wrote:
HitTheTrail wrote:
I am completely surprised the state would allow pot sales in a bar at all.
Just you wait. Costco will procure another private initiative so they can sell it in industrial quantities alongside their pallets of hard liquor. The prophet speaketh.
a pound of bud, shrink wrapped with a bong. Kirkland store brand prominently stamped on it. I can picture that.... peace.gif

friluftsliv
trestle

trestle
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 2:01 pm 
Just like their frozen vegetables, it won't taste like anything.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 5:39 pm 
As I recall the 502 language, you can't sell anything at all other than marijuana products in a "legal weed" store. Maybe they plan on putting up a separate building right next door or something, but no, you can't sell weed in a bar...

meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 5:18 am 
Yup they will have to have an outlet shop/ building on their property though a consumables and coffee shop would be pretty sweet. I think it will be a new day when you can actually go and buy and consume in one stop rather than take it to your own home, More like Amsterdam shops.

meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 am 
Yup they will have to have an outlet shop/ building on their property though a consumables and coffee shop would be pretty sweet. I think it will be a new day when you can actually go and buy and consume in one stop rather than take it to your own home, More like Amsterdam shops.