Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Claustrophobia anyone?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 am 
This is quite a story and not a situation anyone would envy: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/10/us-germany-cave-idUSKBN0EL15120140610 Egads! Hope he makes it out.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 am 
Vibes to the guy and his rescue team. I hope this ends well. Reminds me of Billy Wilder's classic movie Ace in the Hole

wolffie

wolffie
PostThu Jun 12, 2014 2:32 pm 
At Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, there is a skeleton pinned beneath a large rock. A caver making the lead rappel into an unexplored pit cave (these limestone cavities can be hundreds of feet deep) was suddenly heard screaming loudly by his partners at the surface. "I'm coming up!" he yelled. After he'd jumarred out the reason was apparent: he'd rapelled into a cow which had been resting there for juast about the optimum amount of time. When the decomposing naked body of an important MI6 spy is found in his hotel room -- zipped up in a suitcase in the bathtub in his hotel room -- one quickly suspects foul play. Not so fast. Pertinent clues, such as £20,000 worth of high-fashion women's clothing in his wardrobe, and an inordinate amount of space on his hard drive devolted to claustrophilia websites, point to more baroque possibilities: claustrophilia; death of Gareth Williams The writer states, "Had [the coroner] logged on to claustrophilia.com, she might have arrived at a different conclusion. The coroner decided not unreasonably that someone else must have been involved, after a yoga expert made an impressive 300 unsuccessful attempts to lock himself in a similar sports bag. Sorry, but all I could think of when I saw the pictures was The Sun’s marvellous headline on the story about George Michael being caught soliciting sex in a Los Angeles public toilet: ‘Zip Me Up Before You Go Go!’ Please don’t think me censorious or narrow-minded. I’ve covered inquests into the deaths of men who have breathed their last while making love to vacuum cleaners." (aside: how much does a yoga expert get paid to try 300 times to zip himself into a suitcase?) I hope, when I die (this may happen; I am almost certain of it), that it will not be too embarrassing. One thinks of the unfortunate fellow who broke into a local stable for an unintentionally fatal clandestine encounter with... no, that's another story...

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.