Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > NHL to Seattle????
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostFri Jul 18, 2014 9:07 am 
Oh please please please please.... Would it help if I just bought season tickets now? Who's in?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 am 
I'm hoping to but not holding my breath. These and various other "rumors" have been floating around for quite some times, including the Gretzky rumor. I'll believe it when I see it. lol.gif

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostFri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am 
Realistically I feel the same way. But it's fun to hope.

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostFri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 am 
I heard on the radio yesterday that if or when the prospects of a NHL or NBA team coming to the area are realistic, then the league will seek out owners for a team in this region (Seattle, Puget Sound). Potential team owners do not want to go through the Sacramento Kings fiasco, where things are pushed out way beyond deadlines just to use Seattle as leverage to raise a sale price and/or find desperate owners in another region.

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostSat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 pm 
YES PLEASE!

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
touron

touron
PostSat Jul 19, 2014 12:41 pm 
I think it would be great, but do we need a new stadium? Use existing facilities. up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
tigermn

tigermn
PostSat Jul 19, 2014 8:01 pm 
touron wrote:
I think it would be great, but do we need a new stadium? Use existing facilities. up.gif up.gif
There is no existing facility that is up to standards for NHL hockey. Key Arena is the closest thing to it, but it is not acceptable. It would need to be extensively redone.
Quote:
It's well-documented that Key Arena is not built for NHL games. While it has hosted hockey games in the past (the WHL Thunderbirds previously called it home), the dimensions don't leave a lot of room for seats, create awkward scoreboard placements and capacity of 10-11K unobstructed seats would be on the low end for the NHL.
Key arena when they redid it, they did not redo it for hockey. I think the capacity for an NHL game would be 12k or less. Why they didn't I don't know but they didn't. It would ONLY be an option for perhaps a year or two and ONLY if there was ground being broken on an appropriate facility. I just wish they would tell Seattle to kiss off and move to the eastside or somewhere that it would actually be supported. If it wasn't in Seattle I'd very likely buy season tickets, but no way if I have to drive to and sit in Key Arena (other than perhaps a temporary solution).

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 pm 
Ill trade the moroners and the xbox360s straight up for 1 NHL franchise.

bccarlso

bccarlso
PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 am 
Yeah really hope we get a hockey team, hope it's not hinging on an NBA franchise too.

tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 am 
bccarlso wrote:
Yeah really hope we get a hockey team, hope it's not hinging on an NBA franchise too.
Couldn't agree more. That's why I say screw Seattle and do something on the eastside for hockey if the NBA can't get their act together. Surely don't wait for them. I hope the Sonics come back just cuz they should have never left. But honestly I haven't even been a minor NBA fan in yeas. Honestly at best I'd be a fair weather Sonics fan at this point. Now NHL hockey, that I could get excited about.