Forum Index > Gear Talk > light camp chairs
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 pm 
I have a couple themarest chairs that I take on canoe trips as they make good canoe seats. Otherwise it's logs and rocks with a sitting pad.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HunterConservationist

HunterConservationist
PostWed Jul 16, 2014 2:37 pm 
Hunting partner found a pair of metal folding chairs way deep in the wilderness area two decades ago. Every time I go back to the camp I drag the chairs out from under their hiding place. They are pure luxury! Sue me.

BaNosser

BaNosser
PostWed Jul 23, 2014 12:35 am 
I use a Big Agnes Cyclone SL... weighs 153 g (5.4oz) on my scale.. I do not use it with an inflatable pad (I feel my inflatable sleeping pad is too valuable to risk sitting on it and grinding it in to ground)... I bring a 2 section piece of a z-pad I cut from an old one I had that I bring as my sit pad on all my hikes/backpack outings (in my day pack, a 23 oz Salomon Raid Revo 30 it fits in perfectly and pads my back a bit, it also goes under my feet at the end of my inf sleeping pad).. I place it in the bottom of the chair to give me a little padding and the back form fits to my back giving good support while I am able kick back and relax... the side adjusters allow me to change my position too.. I suppose it might even be more comfy with the right inflatable pillow as the pad